Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @lovesallanimals .  Wasn't she demanding that they replace all artificial hips that were causing these problems?  Not just her patient?  

TA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks, @lovesallanimals .  Wasn't she demanding that they replace all artificial hips that were causing these problems?  Not just her patient?  

TA

Tends2 dogs:  Yes, that is correct.  They also have to cover all expenses for the guy in the hospital as well as any lost wages he will incur while he is out of work.

Esteemed Contributor

Is anyone still watching this season?  I have hung in and am enjoying it.  All the character's storylines are good.  I really am still hoping that they don't hook Max and Dr. Sharpe up, but this weeks episode looks like it might just head that way.  

I thought the little girl that was hurting her brother did an excellent job.  The fact that she feels no empathy is scary.  I wonder if that is the last we will see of her or if she will be written into show.  I think they were going to admit her to New Amsterdam for treatment.  Am I right about that?

Anyway, if anyone is watching, what are your thoughts?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I hope they don't make the young girl a regular on the show. I prefer seeing the one and done stories when it comes to the patients. I didn't get the sense that anything is moving toward a Max/Helen relationship because Max is still "seeing" Georgia. She was his first thought when Luna laughed. He wanted to share that with Georgia.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't care for the storyline with the young girl on last nights show that had down syndrome.    I don't feel it was handled well plus the subject matter was political which I don't appreciate in shows. It seemed the young girl was pushed in that direction by that psychologist or whatever he is.  He doesn't even know  her .   The whole thing was disturbing to me.   I do however like  the show and love Max. 

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

SPOILER for those who have not watched the first Episode of Season 2, found online:

Three months after the tragic crash, Max and family are happy, healthy, and welcoming baby duty.

Max takes baby Luna to work with him at the hospital and he approves some new changes at the hospital for the care of patients.

Dr. Reynolds is having some personal issues between him and Evie with him running around the hospital and her being away from home.

Dr. Castro and Max review his medical condition and him coming closer to being cured of his cancer; he thanks her for saving his life.

Max has a flashback to the tragic accident day and it’s chaotic, but he snaps out and proceeds to help a new patient who he’s trying to help with insulin problems.

Dr. Kapoor makes a shocking claim that he will come up with a cure for a patient’s rheumatoid arthritis.

Max ends a contract with pharmaceutical companies insulin and vows to make his own affordable to patients who can’t afford it and this causes conflict in the hospital.

Flashbacks of the accident continue and some doctors and nurses are in mourning as they remember two of their own losing their lives that day.

Dr. Reynolds is confronted by Michael, an intern he fired for being late, in the operating room; he tries to make his case on why it was a mistake to let him go.

Max holds a press release on his insulin mission to make it more affordable to patients.

Dr. Castro uses the therapy she’s been giving Max against Dr. Helen for letting her go as a bargaining chip to her employment back at New Amsterdam. She pretty much says she’ll walk and not help him if she isn’t offered a position on Dr. Helen’s team, and it works.

Dr. Kapoor continues his search for the cure on arthritis.

Dr. Reynolds has a change of heart towards the intern Michael and lets him stay and vows to challenge him and push him to be great as he gives him another chance.

Max loses his battle against the pharmaceutical company, but has a small win for his patient’s insulin problems.

Dr. Laura is welcomed back to the hospital after her injury from the crash.

Dr. Kapoor is having hard times trying to find a cure for his patient’s arthritis. He begins to question himself, but then has a breakthrough and finds out why medications weren’t working; it was due to a tooth infection his patient had that was blocking the medication for arthritis from working.

Dr. Iggy has quality time issues at home with his children and husband and tries to race home to his family to help out, and brings home that he wants to adopt another child.

Max goes home to Georgia with baby Luna, but in his flashback to the tragic accident day, we soon learn that she has passed away in the accident and that he’s been having visions all along of her actually being there but in reality, she’s not.

@World Traveler ...How kind of you to take the time to post this.  I love the show too and all of the actors make it so real.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

The story about the young lady with Downs wasn't a favorite but I liked that it was a part of the show. I didn't feel the doctor pushed her one way or the other but once she voiced her opinion, I think he did advocate to make sure she was heard. He also made sure she understood everything from finding out she was pregnant to deciding she didn't want to be. She knew she didn't want to be a mother. Even though her aunt said the baby would be loved and taken care of, I was glad she didn't force or "guilt" her into having the baby.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Is anyone still watching this season?  I have hung in and am enjoying it.  All the character's storylines are good.  I really am still hoping that they don't hook Max and Dr. Sharpe up, but this weeks episode looks like it might just head that way.  

I thought the little girl that was hurting her brother did an excellent job.  The fact that she feels no empathy is scary.  I wonder if that is the last we will see of her or if she will be written into show.  I think they were going to admit her to New Amsterdam for treatment.  Am I right about that?

Anyway, if anyone is watching, what are your thoughts?

@tends2dogs   it was pretty disturbing with that little girl not having empathy tbere are people like that though.   It makes you wonder how they get that way or are they born lacking empathy 😞. Sad.    I didn't get the feeling she would be a recurring character .

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

The story about the young lady with Downs wasn't a favorite but I liked that it was a part of the show. I didn't feel the doctor pushed her one way or the other but once she voiced her opinion, I think he did advocate to make sure she was heard. He also made sure she understood everything from finding out she was pregnant to deciding she didn't want to be. She knew she didn't want to be a mother. Even though her aunt said the baby would be loved and taken care of, I was glad she didn't force or "guilt" her into having the baby.

I definitely see your point , I do however feel that the doctor should have had a much longer conversation with the girl and made sure she knew her choices and what it would mean Exactly .  I didn't get the feeling that the girl really understood,  that's just how it seemed to me anyways.  

Respected Contributor

Love the show, the actors, & the story line.  Hope it keeps getting renewed.  My eyes misted up when Max lifted up the rug to see his wife's blood.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet