Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

question......were some laid off due to the ransom that had to be paid?

Yes, it was a deal that Veronica made with Max, she said she had some pull to get the ransom paid but first he would have to sign off on the firing of the docs.  Sun, remember Michelle Forbes from Homicide??

Respected Contributor

Veronica will eventually have to be fired.  Max is the star of the show.  The other main characters who were let go, I am sure will be back once Max is in charge again. they are essential to the program.  While I was watching, I kept thinking how are they going to get rid of her? Then I had a very far fetched feeling that maybe she was behind he ciber attack (way out there I know), but it was kind of strange how she was granted that $10 million so fast.

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Veronica will eventually have to be fired.  Max is the star of the show.  The other main characters who were let go, I am sure will be back once Max is in charge again. they are essential to the program.  While I was watching, I kept thinking how are they going to get rid of her? Then I had a very far fetched feeling that maybe she was behind he ciber attack (way out there I know), but it was kind of strange how she was granted that $10 million so fast.

@lovesallanimals   I was thinking that she was behind the cyber attack too.  

The writers have certainly made her a character to dislike.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

Maybe, Dr. Bloom's $$$ donation to the hospital will only be done with the condition that Veronica goes?

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

I thoguht they were paid from a fund and it had nothing to do with letting the people go, I may of missed the connection 

@sunshine45 wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@sunshine45 

I thoguht they were paid from a fund and it had nothing to do with letting the people go, I may of missed the connection 

@sunshine45 wrote:

Veronica wanted Max to sign off on the new budget which would lay off all those characters (who are close to Max and are essential to the show, and are the main characters) but he refused.  Once the Cyber attack happened and they demanded a $10MM ranson, she said she could get the money from the fund only if Max signed off on this new budget.  She had him in a corner, he had no choice but to sign.  In the end, they were never granted the money, instead the FBI (or the special techs) handled getting rid of the attack.  Now Max had signed for nothing.  I am so looking forward to seeing how he handles this and what brings Veronica down and out.

Honored Contributor

Well, this is startling .... I seem to have missed watching the last episode or two.  Huh.  I better check my DVR.

Honored Contributor

Twist ending last night for sure. Next week is when Max and Helen will make their decisions about leaving town. 

Honored Contributor

that episode last night was GREAT!

the twist ending that really wasnt a surprise though.

definitely made me MAD!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: New Amsterdam Returns

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

that episode last night was GREAT!

the twist ending that really wasnt a surprise though.

definitely made me MAD!

It came as a big surprise to me!! Huge turn of the tables.