Honored Contributor

This week on the 21st, saw previews and looks like the fans of Helen and Max being togrther will be very pleased. 

Honored Contributor

I gave it one season before I couldn't decide if I felt like I was in church being preached to or back in the classroom being lectured. Not interested.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I gave it one season before I couldn't decide if I felt like I was in church being preached to or back in the classroom being lectured. Not interested.

Yes, last season it was quite like that, hoping that was the end of that. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Shelbelle 

I don't understand the "preached to" complaints here and other places.   A lot of TV dramas borrow from current events and then take some artistic liberty to make things more interesting for character development.  Law & Order has borrowed from current events since ... well, forever.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Shelbelle 

I don't understand the "preached to" complaints here and other places.   A lot of TV dramas borrow from current events and then take some artistic liberty to make things more interesting for character development.  Law & Order has borrowed from current events since ... well, forever.

I think the comment was related to the fact that last season Max was on a different crusade each week to try and save the world, and it got to be very repetitive and uninteresting to many.  We were looking for the earlier premise of seeing good medical cases. L and O was totally different. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Shelbelle 

I think the comment was related to the fact that last season Max was on a different crusade each week to try and save the world, and it got to be very repetitive and uninteresting to many.  We were looking for the earlier premise of seeing good medical cases. L and O was totally different. 

@Shelbelle exactly !  I watch enough news each day I dont watch. Night time programs to hear the cause if the day .   I watch to get away from all that.   I hope the show this season goes back to its roots as it was the first season.  

Honored Contributor

really enjoyed last season.....it is the first full season i watched of this show. i am so happy that it is back, but not looking forward to the coupling of max and helen unfortunately. i did not find it to be overly preachy at all, but saw it more as a commentary or small snapshot of what was going on around the country and around the world.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: New Amsterdam Returns

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore   @Shelbelle 

I understand your points. and agree somewhat.  One thing many have overlooked, however, is the job Max is supposed to be doing.  He's not an every day doctor.  He is the Hospital Administrator.  Their job is to fix problems that come up and interfere with the smooth running of all aspects of their hospital.   

Max is doing exactly what any Hospital Administrator is hired to do.  In that regard, it is accurate and authentic, which is more than a lot of shows can say.

Honored Contributor

Funny, all the promos aired for tonight were very romantic and se xy among 3 different couples, no mention of any medicine practicing at all. 

Honored Contributor

The story I am the most interested in is the one with Floyd and the married doctor he was seeing. Floyd had just realized the guy whose department he joined is her husband. Think I got that right.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.