Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Amsterdam Returns 1/3

I thought the episode last night was good. When this series first came on it was excellent but as each season developed, it was less than. They kept coming up with shows that were irrelevant to this theme. I think it could have gone on longer if the writers hadn't dove off the deep end. 

Max's character was thrown to the wolves. At times, he acted like he needed to be in the psych ward.  This character could have been so much better.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked it before COVID. Then, the whole storyline and dynamic changed. I stopped watching it last season. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought this most recent episode was a lot more intense than most of the others.  Not sure what Helen might have to say to Max, but I do hope his feelings for Elizabeth are real and on point.  Was never a Helen fan to begin with. 

My favorite character in this series is Iggy.  I love the character he plays in the series and his acting is wonderful.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

I only watched one episode this season and realized it's still too woke for me !! I don't need to be lectured too . I DVRD the show but honestly only watched that 1st episode this season so have cancelled them all . Too bad they didn't stick with how the show was in the beginning it was a great show then IMO. Won't watch anymore .
Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:
I only watched one episode this season and realized it's still too woke for me !! I don't need to be lectured too . I DVRD the show but honestly only watched that 1st episode this season so have cancelled them all . Too bad they didn't stick with how the show was in the beginning it was a great show then IMO. Won't watch anymore .

@Kitty Galore, I agree. I find myself fast forwarding through too much even in the first season.