Esteemed Contributor

Netflix recommendation - Sweet Magnolias

It's a new series, Season 1 is out, has 10 episodes. I love Joanna Garcia and it is about 3 women who've been friends since their school days and helping each other through lives trials and new beginnings. I hope there is a Season 2. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Netflix recommendation - Sweet Magnolias

@qvcfreak wrote:

It's a new series, Season 1 is out, has 10 episodes. I love Joanna Garcia and it is about 3 women who've been friends since their school days and helping each other through lives trials and new beginnings. I hope there is a Season 2. 

I just finished the first episode, and I agree it's a winner.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

like the movie? or not

Frequent Contributor

The show is Sweet Magnolias; the movie was Steel Magnolias. They are not connected.

Honored Contributor

i read this Sweet Magnolias is perfect for those that enjoy the kinds of movies shown on Hallmark. 

Honored Contributor

@Beachgirl42 wrote:

The show is Sweet Magnolias; the movie was Steel Magnolias. They are not connected.

thanks 

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished season 1 - thank you for the suggestion. Better than Hallmark movies or series, IMO. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I've seen it being pushed on Netflix...glad to hear the positive reviews since I'm always looking for something new to watch....I miss Ozark!!!

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I've seen it being pushed on Netflix...glad to hear the positive reviews since I'm always looking for something new to watch....I miss Ozark!!!

Haddon have you seen The Stranger? It was good and full of drama throughout. Also if you haven't seen The Fall it is really addicting. Both are series on Netflix. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation, I binge watched the whole season yesterday and enjoyed it, definitely gives a Hallmark vibe!  I hope they have season two and not leave us hanging like that!  I didn't realize that was Jamie Lynn Spears until I finished watchng the whole series.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you