Honored Contributor

Netflix "Trophy Kids", oh my gosh!!

These parents are so hard on these kids. These are the kids who are trying so hard to do good and please their parents. There's three fathers that are so hard on their kids, I want to cry for the kids. I feel so bad for the kids. These parents should be ashamed. Maybe with this film they can see how they are. I know they are trying to teach the kids so that they can have a great career someday. $$$$. Secretly, I think the kids will end up hating the parent that is doing all this to them. They can't enjoy the sports they are learning with the stress and pushing and responsibility being placed on them. My heart breaks for these kids.

If you get a chance to see it you'll see what I mean. I finally had to shut it off, I couldn't watch it any longer.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Netflix "Trophy Kids", oh my gosh!!

I agree!
@qualitygal wrote:

These parents are so hard on these kids. These are the kids who are trying so hard to do good and please their parents. There's three fathers that are so hard on their kids, I want to cry for the kids. I feel so bad for the kids. These parents should be ashamed. Maybe with this film they can see how they are. I know they are trying to teach the kids so that they can have a great career someday. $$$$. Secretly, I think the kids will end up hating the parent that is doing all this to them. They can't enjoy the sports they are learning with the stress and pushing and responsibility being placed on them. My heart breaks for these kids.

If you get a chance to see it you'll see what I mean. I finally had to shut it off, I couldn't watch it any longer.

Valued Contributor

Re: Netflix "Trophy Kids", oh my gosh!!

Some parents are willing to push their children into situations some of these children aren't ready for in life yet. I find it sad.

On Jaime Kennedy show, many years ago, he showed parents willing to put their kids on "Child Island" like Survivor for kids with no adult supervision. He portrayed a producer getting parents to sign up, but showed them a film with kids chasing other kids with spears they made and cornering one who cried "mommy!" And they were all signing up their children for this fictional reality show! It was hilarious, yet how can some parents be this way is beyond me.