Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG- Are you sure it wasn't the "The Long Song"  It aired on Masterpiece.  They are similar period pieces.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@ECBG- Are you sure it wasn't the "The Long Song"  It aired on Masterpiece.  They are similar period pieces.

@qbetzforreal 

I have seen the first and am now watching the Netflix version which has no brother building an area which burns down like on  Masterpiece Theater.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@qbetzforreal 

I have seen the first and am now watching the Netflix version which has no brother building an area which burns down like on  Masterpiece Theater.

@ECBG , Could you be thinking of Sandition ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

In my opinion, Netflix Bridgerton blows Masterpiece Bridgerton out of the water!

I have binged watched Netflix over several days!!!

(Can I get Simon in a gift basket?)?????

I watched the first 2 episodes of Bridgerton on Netflix and thought it was boring and will never watch it again. I have a very low boredom threshold. I don't understand why anyone can stand to watch this series. I did not find it entertaining at all.

Honored Contributor

@RealtyGal2  I too think it's been seriously over-rated. I didn't finish it either. I also didn't think 'Simon' was 'all that', as some apparently did.

@QVCkitty1  I too think there might be some confusion going on with Sanditon.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I loved it as well. I binged watched the show when it first came out over two or three days. 

It's definitely not for the faint of heart. Meaning, raw s*x scenes so if this is something that bothers you ladies do not even start watching this show.

I enjoyed the show so much that I ended up reading the books. I have two left and I will be finished with the 8 book Bridgerton series. 

Yes, I would defintely take Simon in any type of basket. :-)

Honored Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

In my opinion, Netflix Bridgerton blows Masterpiece Bridgerton out of the water!

I have binged watched Netflix over several days!!!

(Can I get Simon in a gift basket?)?????

I watched the first 2 episodes of Bridgerton on Netflix and thought it was boring and will never watch it again. I have a very low boredom threshold. I don't understand why anyone can stand to watch this series. I did not find it entertaining at all.

@RealtyGal2 , We'll, I can't understand anyone not liking the show, but that's why there are so many different forms of entertainment. I have read all of the Bridgerton series, and I'm especially looking forward to Anthony and Benedict's stories. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Bridgerton was not a PBS series rather it was a Netflix series. From Wiki:

Bridgerton is an American streaming television period drama series created by Chris Van Dusen and produced by Shonda Rhimes. It is based on Julia Quinn's novels set in the competitive world of Regency era London's ton during the season, when debutantes are presented at court. It is Rhimes's first scripted Netflix series.

Bridgerton premiered on Netflix on December 25, 2020. The eight-episode first season was met with positive reviews. With a viewership of 82 million households, it has become the most-watched series on Netflix.[1] The series reached No. 1 in 76 countries on Netflix. In January 2021, the series was renewed for a second season. In April 2021, creator Van Dusen revealed on Twitter that the series had additionally been renewed for a third and fourth season.[2][3]

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@ECBG I did a big 'net search and could find no info that Bridgerton has been on Masterpiece. I don't believe  i's been anywhere but Netflix.

@Love my grandkids 

Bridgerton is on Masterpiece.  If I should run into a link, I'll post it for you.  I totally understand that finding items on their site is "iffy" at best.  

You could look Fall 2020 series as well.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I just finished the last two episodes of Bridgerton on Netflix

last night.  WOW!  just wow!  

Yep!  This one is the winner!  Move over Masterpiece!

Just put Bridgerton in the search bar and their series will come up with the choices.