Trusted Contributor

We are kind of"shut-ins" during December,January -could I get some recommendations for movies that you have enjoyed on either network,please?  We like a wide variety of movies and will not judge anyone's opinionSmiley Happy Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Netflix and Prime Movies?

I loved the series " The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel " on Prime. The second season starts up in early Dec.  so if you haven't seen any of it you can catch up and then continue on. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Quincy Jones Bio - Done by his daughter Rasheeda.

Politcally Correct and Homecoming King -Hasan Minhaj

Loved both. So intelligent.  Quincy is a genius  and Hasan is hysterical  and brilliant.  

Respected Contributor

I, too, enjoyed The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel for light comedy, but really liked Homecoming with Julia Roberts - binge watched it in a few days and can't wait for Season 2.

Denise
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I loved the series " The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel " on Prime. The second season starts up in early Dec.  so if you haven't seen any of it you can catch up and then continue on. 

@QVCkitty1 I completely agree. The new season starts December 5th. Anxious to see it.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@buyornot I really liked The Man In The High Castle, on Prime. The first two seasons were really good. I started watching the third season but I have only watched 3 episodes. I don't know if the third season is as good as the first two seasons.

I also watched 3 episodes of The Romanoff's. IMO, don't bother.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Trusted Contributor

On Netflix type in Romantic Christmas movies.  Similar to Hallmark.

Also enjoyed on Netflix:

Mad Men

Sabrina (she's a witch)

Gilmore Girls

Santa Clarita Diet (very macabre)

and on Amazon, Doc Martin

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

On Netflix type in Romantic Christmas movies.  Similar to Hallmark.

Also enjoyed on Netflix:

Mad Men

Sabrina (she's a witch)

Gilmore Girls

Santa Clarita Diet (very macabre)

and on Amazon, Doc Martin

I second Doc Martin.

If you enjoy British shows, I would recommend Midsomer Murders for some light whodunit drama. The Crown is also very good about the present Queen of England. 

If you like to laugh, try seeing Nailed It.  Absolutely fun.  Amateurs trying their best to "nail" duplicating a professional bakery creation.  Some are hilarious.  Another fun series is Death in Paradise.  

For a visually stunning presentation, Versailles was a wonderful series about the Sun King, Louis.  Great historical story with some rather suggestive moments, however the costumes and opulence were very interesting.

We adore movies and watch many all through the winter.  I hope you find some good ones.  Let us know how you do! 

All the above are on Netflix.

Trusted Contributor

THANK you, so much-reading your suggestions is a bigger treat than you might thinkHeart

Trusted Contributor

So many good choices!!  Thanks!