Respected Contributor

Re: Netflix: The woman in the house across the street from the girl in the window.

I thought this series was great,  I hope their is a second season.  It seemed they were parodying scenes from other movies not just the woman in the window.  I like watching Kristin Bell

Super Contributor

Re: Netflix: The woman in the house across the street from the girl in the window.

I watched the entirety of this series last night with my husband.  I kept saying "is this a comedy?  These situations and the dialogue is so hokey."  He said "Just wait, they'll explain it."  No, it did not get better or explained.  This was such a poorly written story, At the end we were laughing and thought, well that's a bunch f time we won't get back.

I like Kristen Bell, and saw she was listed as a producer.  But this was bad, bad, bad.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the tip. I just makes it to watch. 

Respected Contributor

I think it parodies or pays homage to a lot of other movies but I don't know them.  I saw Will Ferrell's name on the credits also.   I will list one. 

Spoiler
I think the guy in the attic is homage to BeetleJuice  but I think the same guy when he has the dead animal from the garbage can is a different  movie that I don't know.
Honored Contributor

It kept my interest but the acting was getting a tad hammy.

It had all the usual twists and turns-the usual suspects and then they are not suspects...............and then they are again.

And the final twist as to who was the murderer?  Just no.

I take it there will be a second season with her on the plane finding the woman's compact and saying "Bingo".

What fun!!!  Not. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I just finished it and liked it a lot too.

It looks like they left it so there could be some more series don't you think? 

I think Kristin Bell is fun to watch too.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

Wasn’t really like the book. Quite different in fact. I thought it was good and watched the whole series in one evening.
Esteemed Contributor

I got hooked on it and watched it all over the course of one night and the

next morning.

I knew it was part comical when they said and then showed how Elizabeth

died at the prison.Then when the stripper entered the house and they were

going back and forth about the bread.

I was taken by surprise when the killer was revealed, never expected that.

Valued Contributor

Regular network bring so awful, I turned to Netflix tonight. DH & I are being entertained by this…love the beautiful house, the art, and Kristen Bell looks fabulous.
Esteemed Contributor

They didn't need to throw in that disgusting bed scene to get people talking about the movie.

You'd think she'd be embarrassed knowing that her parents/relatives/friends are going to see that. The same with her kids when they're older.