Honored Contributor

In the waning days of the 70's, two young photographers document the Jewish retirees who dominated the sunny shores of South Beach. 

Brings back wonderful memories of my Nanny and Poppy's retirement in Bal Harbor, Florida. The Fountainebleau fun times in the Cabana. Seems like yesterday, the Starlight Roof on the top floor of Doral Hotel, 1960's Mother, epitomized Jackio, beautiful woman, and my Father, Handsome. 

Their Mothers, Matchmakers, OY with my parents, story for another time. 

Enjoy, This magical film: Released 2018

Directors: Dennis Scholl, Kareem Tabsch

Biographical Movies, Documentaries 

Honored Contributor

Re: Netflix: The Last Resort

@Sweet_Serenity  Thank you I just added it to my watch list, looks like a great thing to watch

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

In the waning days of the 70's, two young photographers document the Jewish retirees who dominated the sunny shores of South Beach. 

Brings back wonderful memories of my Nanny and Poppy's retirement in Bal Harbor, Florida. The Fountainebleau fun times in the Cabana. Seems like yesterday, the Starlight Roof on the top floor of Doral Hotel, 1960's Mother, epitomized Jackio, beautiful woman, and my Father, Handsome. 

Their Mothers, Matchmakers, OY with my parents, story for another time. 

Enjoy, This magical film: Released 2018

Directors: Dennis Scholl, Kareem Tabsch

Biographical Movies, Documentaries 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity 

Andy Sweet was a legend unto himself.  A gift to mankind.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

I just watched.  Great recommendation.  It was excellent!

Honored Contributor

Watching it right now and loving it so far

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  Thank you for the recommendation, jsut put it on my "Watch List".....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm watching it now.  What a lovely special time.  I feel joy  for them and hope for this to transpose onto the present somehow.  People coming together to celebrate being alive, surviving the worst, honoring this great America.  Makes my heart burst for what was and what could be.

"Netflix encountered an error"  I'll have to finish watching later.  It stopped when Castro sent refugees north and the aging population was struggling.  Darn!

Esteemed Contributor

Watched it today (upon your recommendation).  Very interesting and well done!