QVC Customer Care
Super Contributor

There is a movie....King Charles the third

imagines what happens when charles becomes King....weirdly immaginable

chek it out on Netflix...

Super Contributor

No One mentioned the total cruality of the Royals towards their Neices/Nephews who were born mentally challenged. To not only shove them away in a bad care home, but to add to records that they were dead....all to preserve their own lifestyle

Pitiful, and shameful...

Honored Contributor

@estaw2000 @CARMIE  I haven’t watched any of this series yet, but just recently I read about some of the departures from truth that were made for dramatic effect.  

takes me all the way back to one of my favorite college history courses the thesis of which was that we understand what we read or see best if we are aware of why the writers chose to tell the “facts” they include and why they leave others out.  The text we used told some of the same events in US history but from different points of view.

some day in the future I’ll probably binge watch The Crown, but for entertainment. I don’t really know enough of the reality to ferret it out from the license taken with it to make a good show.

Honored Contributor

THIS IS NOT REALITY.  IT IS FICTION FOR A TV SERIES.

There are many different takes on the whole thing.  First, Diana was no naif.  She was raised around the royal family, her sister dated Charles, her grandmother was a friend of the Queen Mother and I believe had worked for the Queen, Diana had pictures of Charles up in her room growing up, and it could have NOT been that she didn't know how these things worked.

She very deftly manipulated the press, she sought the attention, and she thought she would outsmart the royal family.

She had to know that in families like this, affairs happen (just looking at her parents).  

Was Charles at fault?  Yes, and as someone said, there was more than enough blame to go around.  She was playing games with Dodi until the end.  

It is sad, but the whole thing was a mess from the beginning. 

Respected Contributor

I watch the Royal family for entertainment but do not feel sorry for any of them except Dianna dying young in a car wreck.  There are a lot people I feel sorry for on nightly news but Diana and Megan's lives  are not on the list.  So Diana was basically used to produce heirs to the throne.  She had everything but a husband who did not love her.  Wow she is the only woman in the world whose husband did not love her!!!!!  I have a feeling she probably knew that before she married him and hoped to change that.  The poor rich beautiful people are such a tragey.  Watching princess Margaret on The Crown whine and carry on.  She could have abdicated and married the man she loved and move away from England and just been and ordinary person.  She was not a prisoner....