Esteemed Contributor

Re: Netflix Series - Bridgerton - Season 2

I’m guessing many here have heard that Regé-Jean Page just posted that he was only signed on for one season. And my question is...considering this is based on an 8 (?) book series, how are future visits not built into the contract? I understand that it may be preferable for some actors to not be burdened like that, but it still seems odd to me (with no Hollywood experience LOL) that something wouldn’t have been written in as needed.

Anyways...

I’ve heard it said that, if you are an actor in NYC, that it’s a right of passage to work on Law and Order. Apparently, if you are a hot British male actor, that right of passage is to be called the front runner for the next James Bond. Just heard the entertainment reporter on my morning news just say that. I would be okay with that (but I still wonder who it is saying this? Is it random people on Twitter? Or legit film executives who have hiring power for the franchise?)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just posted on the Internet on April 5, 2021, written for Bazaar by Erica Gonzales.

Four new actors have been cast.

Days after Page's exit, Netflix announced four new members of the Bridgerton cast.

Charithra Chandran (Alex Rider) will play Edwina Sharma, Kate's younger sister. "Edwina has been taught by her older sister Kate to be the perfect debutante. She’s kind-natured and endlessly endearing. But while she may be young and naive, she also knows what she wants: a true love match," Shondaland announced on Instagram.

Shelley Conn (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Nina's Heavenly Delights) will play Mary Sharma, Kate's mother. "Lady Mary's marriage once embroiled her and her family in scandal. Now newly returned to London with her daughters, she's forced to endure the scrutiny of the ton yet again," Shondaland also revealed.

Calam Lynch (Dunkirk, Derry Girls) will play Theo Sharpe. He's "a hardworking printer's assistant. But he's not just a working class man. He's also an intellectual who fights for the rights for all," per Shondraland.

Rupert Young (Doc Martin, Doctor Who) will play Jack, "the newest member of the ton with a connection to one of its most notable families."

Respected Contributor

I have read these novels.  The Duke and Duchess of Hastings will be minor players - if in Season 2 at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just read on the Internet (April 7, 2021) by WonderWall dot com:

Rege.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego   "(but I still wonder who it is saying this? Is it random people on Twitter? "

Publicity agents earning their 15%.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler "Between his blossoming breakout status and multiple movie offers, it seems coming back for a peripheral role just wasn't appealing enough."

Code for...........

Netflix did not offer the right amount for my future baby daddy to return for season 2.

4_17_207.gif200.gifCounting $$$.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

My thought is that he didn't come back because he didn't want to be type-cast as the hunky star in everything he does.  It's too easy for actors to get pigeonholed into one type of role when they are in one series for too long.

Even though I want to see him again in Bridgerton, I don't blame him a bit for getting out after one season, while he's still so, umm, hot.