Honored Contributor

Netflix Series - Bridgerton - Season 2

[ Edited ]

Found this online, referencing an article in Glamour Magazine - written by Notasha Reda, reported by Jessica Radlopp on March 26, 2021.

If you’re like us, then you’re completely and utterly obsessed with Netflix’s Bridgerton and need to know if a second season is on its way. 

Well, it’s happening! Netflix confirmed Bridgerton season two on Wednesday, January 21. “Prepare for another social season. Bridgerton is returning for season two, only on Netflix.”

Here’s everything we know so far about what to expect: 

Filming. Production started in London in the spring of 2021. 

Season two will focus on Daphne’s brother. “We left Anthony Bridgerton at the end of the first season at a bit of a crossroads,” Van Dusen said on Today With Hoda & Jenna, “so I’m looking forward to jumping in and see how he fares in the marriage market.”

So, who is Kate Sheffield, Anthony’s leading lady? In the second book, The Viscount Who Loved Me, Kate Sheffield is the older sister of the woman Anthony is set to marry, Edwina. But when she decides Mr. Bridgerton isn’t good enough for her little sis, it kicks off an enemies-to-lovers plot that readers loved. 

On February 15, Netflix announced that Sex Education star Simone Ashley would be taking on the role of Kate. 

But what about the Duke and Duchess of Hastings? Have no fear, fans of Phoebe Dynevor’s Daphne and Regé-Jean Page’s Simon. “They will always be Bridgertons and always be a part of the show,” Van Dusen reassured.

The cast has been wanting this for a while. Nicola Coughlan, who plays Penelope Featherington, recently told Radio Times. “I feel like we’ve established this big world, so I’d love to explore more of it.”

She added, “I’d love to go on that journey with her, to see how she’s changed. I’d really love to come back, because I feel like we’ve just scratched the surface. And because there’s such a huge cast in this show, there’s so much more of all the characters.”

Regé-Jean Page (Simon) told Oprah Magazine he’d “absolutely” want to explore more of the Bridgerton world. “I think there are a lot of good stories to be told in this world,” he said. “There’s a plethora of characters, and each of those characters has cousins, uncles, and dogs, and I think people enjoy exploring all of those depths and nooks and crannies.”

The show’s second season won’t be available any time soon, though. Much like The Crown, Bridgerton has a lengthy filming schedule, which means fans will likely have to wait until at least 2022 for Netflix to drop new episodes.

It’s going to be driven by “peak thirst.” When asked by Vanity Fair if “peak thirst” is the mantra for season two, Van Dusen said, “Absolutely. We’re inspired by really delicious romance novels, and the sensuality [and] sexuality was always something that we were excited to be able to lean into on the show.” I’m already sweating. 

There will be Meghan Markle and Prince Harry parallels. Specifically, as it pertains to Daphne and Simon's new baby. "I really can't say too much nor would you expect me to, but I guess what we do know absolutely is that they're married now. It's a new married life and they have the baby, so there are all the vagaries of what that is like for young people with a new baby,"

Adjoa Andoh—who plays Lady Danbury—revealed in an interview with Entertainment Tonight. "I mean Harry and Meghan, what's it like when you have a new baby? How does it affect you when you are a young couple with a new baby?"

Honored Contributor

Re: Netflix Series - Bridgerton - Season 2

@World Traveler Thanks for posting! I ADORE this show and (sigh)  Simon, who could unlace my corset any old day!!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids Smiley LOL Mine too!

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't even bother wearing one! whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you love this series you will love the books by Julia Quinn. It is a great family series I read probably 15 years ago; your Library has them all.

From Julia Quinn: Set between 1813 and 1827, the Bridgerton Series is a collection of eight novels, each featuring one of the eight children of the late Viscount Bridgerton: Anthony, Benedict, Colin, Daphne, Eloise, Francesca, Gregory, and Hyacinth. I didn’t originally set out to write an eight-book series; at first it was just going to be a trilogy! But readers really took to the Bridgertons (and to the mysterious Lady Whistledown, whose gossip columns “narrated” the first four books), and I found myself rather enamored with the family, too."

There is also a second generation series of this family. 

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@World Traveler Thanks for posting! I ADORE this show and (sigh)  Simon, who could unlace my corset any old day!!

Simon is gorgeous, but have you checked out Benedict ?  I really hope they do book 3 Benedict and Sophie's story. 🥰

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I read online yesterday that Phoebe Dynevor was seen with Pete Davidson in New York. They were holding hands. He sure casts some sort of spell on beautiful famous women.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I read online yesterday that Phoebe Dynevor was seen with Pete Davidson in New York. They were holding hands. He sure casts some sort of spell on beautiful famous women.

I'll admit that I don't get it. 🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Benedict is okay, I just think Simon has way more sex appeal and love how interesting his character is.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@QVCkitty1 Benedict is okay, I just think Simon has way more sex appeal and love how interesting his character is.

@Love my grandkids , Simon definitely has the most sex appeal, actually all of the men are handsome, except maybe Colin who is a bit boyish for my taste. JMO

Daniel Patrick Moynihan