Honored Contributor

This life portrait honors nature author Rachel Carson, whose writings led to new laws on pesticides and ushered in an environmental movement. 

Director: Michelle Ferrari 

Initial release: 2017 

PBS: Biographical Movies, Documentaries 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity 

This one sounds like something I’d like!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity The Rachel Carson estuaries near me up north are beautiful.  Were it not for her I"m sure it would just be another over crowded messy coastline. 

Wonderful woman. 

Honored Contributor

I have seen this.  I still have a copy of "Silent Spring", sittng out and not packed away.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Netflix: Rachel Carson

[ Edited ]

And yet, when she released "Silent Spring", she was trashed by other scientists and big chemical corporations.  After all, DDT and other pesticides were big, big business.  She was labeled a "hysterical woman", amongst other derogatory names.

Thank God she stood strong and held to her beliefs, refusing to back down.  She set in motion a chain of events that have benefited all of us, the environment and wildlife.  A remarkable woman.

ETA:  I also have her book "A Sense of Wonder".  I love it.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity @Venezia @Cakers3 @Jtdmum 

Here are a couple of things found on an internet search...oh, how little I know!

4BCD19F2-8E23-494A-B26C-3140228DD21C.jpeg

From  the National Resource Defense Council:

F00EEE6C-20D6-4B1C-85EC-53A5BD6CDD72.jpeg

She was a very incredible person!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Thank God for Rachel Carson who did so much for our health and well being.  Fighting corrupt greedy corporations who don't care about anything but profit isn't easy and I salute such an asset to the cause.  These are the people I admire and respect and who hold important places in society in my opinion.