Honored Contributor

Netflix Original: After Life

In his new Netflix series After Life, Ricky Gervais plays a man who has the freedom to say anything he wants. New Series: Genra Black Comedy. 

Writer and Director: Ricky Gervais 

Respected Contributor

Re: Netflix Original: After Life

I love Ricky Gervais & this was a wonderful series.

I hope he does more episodes.

Honored Contributor

I was sorry to see it end.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Was never a Ricky Gervais fan, but decided to tune in to this new Season 1 show because I saw the trailer.  And yes, it is riddled with "bad" language which I am not fond of--fortunately the storyline overrides certain "potty mouth" words and talk which I am not used to hearing in American film.

The basic storyline is about a man named Tony who loses his wife to cancer after 25 yrs marriage and inundates everyone with his suicidal threats and obnoxious ranting mouth and self pity. There are no children, there is a wonderful German Shepard dog who steals the scenes sometimes.  The wonderful actress Dame Penelope Wilton (Isobel Crawley in Downton Abby) plays a woman named Anne he meets at the cemetary who provides friendship, insight into life and wisdom as time progresses.  It brought tears and much laughter, I loved it and do hope there is a Season 2.