Respected Contributor

Re: Netflix - Marie Kondo Coming Back

@World Traveler wrote:

@1Professor  Any other books of hers you recommend? Thanks!

@World Traveler 

These are, right now, the only ones with a simple, rich mind-rearranging power.

Once she got popular, they started "producing" others for the sales. But they are lacking.

On the other hand, I re-read Spark Joy often.

Trusted Contributor

Just last night I viewed the 1st episode of her new Kondo series on Netfix, "SPARKING JOY". AND it sparked joy in me to see the garden center family come together to have a renewed relationship. I am not a hoarder; neither am I sweet Marie Kondo; but cleaning out and clearing out our many possessions is ongoing. Some starts and stops, but we do make progress. I KEEP A NOTEBOOK WITH THE MONTH AND DATE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE -- THEN LIST ALL ITEMS I DISCARDED OR DONATED THAT MONTH -- for me that is motivating. And I do not beat myself up when I have had days or weeks of not clearing out -- I know reading my little notebook will motivate me again. BEST WISHES TO ALL! Smiley Happy -Solar

Honored Contributor

I enjoy watching Kondo but her methods don't speak to me.

I found an organizing show on Netflix that does,  Get Organized with The Home Edit.   The purging aspect is not extreme but the organizing methods inspired me to clean out my kitchen junk drawers  Yes, drawers, plural.   I have 6 shallow drawers in my teeny tiny kitchen & 3 of them are junk drawers, but no more.

Get Organized can be found on Netflix & Instagram.