Honored Contributor

Re: 😲 Netflix Loses 200K Subscribers 😲

@Lipstickdiva  You can.  The info is on their website.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Have never had Netflix and after recently learning something about the CEO, I never will.

@ThinkingOutLoud     Do Tell.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I also get free NF, I would not pay for it or any other streaming service, pay enough for Comcast. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy @Mz iMac 

I would say but like many other things, it would be considered 'controversial' on these boards. People just need to be careful of what they indirectly support with their dollars/viewership.

Esteemed Contributor

"I must be in the minority here as I really enjoy Netflex." @Mz iMac 

With more than 220 million subscribers you may be in a minority here (which is why I put the word here in bold text) but you're definitely in the majority when it comes to which streaming service most people are choosing worldwide. 

From what I've read in articles online there are certain people up in arms at the idea that they might actually have to pay for a Netflix subscription rather than getting it free. I don't believe it was ever the intention of the service to have one subscriber paying the monthly fee and sharing their password with their  best friend, manicurist, members of the bookclub...well, you get the point. I believe the wording is a certain amount of sub-accounts to be shared with others in the householdIt seems Netflix didn't strictly enforce password sharing in the past and the threat of doing so has resulted in public outcry from those who are used to, and those who prefer, getting their lunch free so to speak. People share their passwords, which results in fewer paid subs, and when prices increase they wonder why.

I've had several different streaming services and Netflix is by far my favorite. I use it approximately 80% of the time I'm viewing (not counting Youtube) so I'm not particularly upset over $1 price increase this past month--I went from paying $8.99 to now paying $9.99 per month. There are two higher tiers but the basic subscription works for me, and considering I can't even buy one movie ticket for $9.99 I think the price is more than fair. Speaking of increases my cable bill increased $14 this past month with no warning whatsoever. At least Netflix had the courtesy to send me an email letting know about the $1 increase.

If you'd like to read about the brouhaha currently bubbling over the possible password crackdown your can read it here in this article from Time. 

https://time.com/6159943/netflix-password-sharing/#:~:text=All%20the%20users%20with%20access,action%....

Honored Contributor

People need to be careful about what they believe just because someone insinuates it on the Q forums. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Why did I think Netflix allowed like 3 or 4 people to use one account?

@Lipstickdiva Multiple households shouldn't have use as a single household.  That's not fair. 

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

People need to be careful about what they believe just because someone insinuates it on the Q forums. 

The info is available to the public but too many are fine being part of the 'low info' crowd.

Esteemed Contributor

Ten years ago, the appeal of Netflix for me was the availability of hundreds of programs from the BBC and ITV, and their library of older classic movies. I still have my Netflix subscription, but do not use it as frequently as in the past since subscribing directly to BritBox and Acorn, and having just about any title I can think of from pre-1980 available via Prime Video.  For my taste, I find more entertaining original shows from the services such as Paramount+, Prime, HBO+, and Peacock. 

Esteemed Contributor

I watch maybe 2 to 4 movies a month. Don't really get into any series watching.

Wish there was a better selection of new movies, I usually like horror or drama.

I am on with someone elses account, don't pay anything for it.