Honored Contributor

Oh my gosh.  I'm so glad I checked this out.  They did 2016,2017 and now it says 2019.  So I can hardly wait.  English actors.  Wonder who-done-it show.  Wait till you see some of the faces (you may know).

It's a 10 in my book.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree.  I have not seen a single episode which is weak and slow.  I love this show.  The lead actress, Sarah Lancaster,  plays the one of the daughters on Last Tango In Halifax which some may be familiar with because it ran on PBS in the US. 

Honored Contributor

@Trix, true, and Last Tango in Halifax is on Netflix too.  That's where I first watched Sarah Lancaster.  That's another 10 in my book.

Valued Contributor

Glad you liked it, but my daughter and I found it much too dark. The villain was interesting, though-- the minister from another Brit mystery series. Good looking guy, playing off-type.

Frequent Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Oh my gosh.  I'm so glad I checked this out.  They did 2016,2017 and now it says 2019.  So I can hardly wait.  English actors.  Wonder who-done-it show.  Wait till you see some of the faces (you may know).

It's a 10 in my book.

Thank you so much @qualitygal for posting this. I was just looking at the description for this program last night on Netflix and was wondering if it was worth watching. I usually enjoy British programs so thought it might be worth a look. 

Respected Contributor

I love Happy Valley! 

Esteemed Contributor

It's being shown on our local PBS station tonight (4/23) at 9:00.  I was wondering about it so I appreciate the recommendation.  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal @cotton4me @Alison Wonderland @Kittymom11 @zitawins 

We are watching this series now.

We are really liking this one.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor
@qualitygal
Yes! Love Happy Valley...the villian was in Granchester after he played Tommy in Happy Valley. (He went from that evil character to playing a priest!)
I agree with the posters here...Sarah Lancaster is soooo good in this series, and she was equally wonderful in Last Tango in Halifax.
Did you recognize her sister in Happy Valley? It's Siobhan Finneran...she played Mrs. O'Brien, the sinister ladies maid to Mrs. Crawley in the first few seasons of Downton Abbey. (Her wig was terrible in Happy Valley...it looked ill-fitted and very unnatural to me.)
Respected Contributor

LOL!  Boy, was I wrong!  I had the wrong country! 

The area in PA where Penn State is located is known as Happy Valley!  When I read the topic, I assumed it must be about Penn State and the area!  

T