Honored Contributor

Netflix - Designated Survivor

When does the third season (first to be on Netflix) of Designated Survivor start? Every few days I check on Netflix, and all they have are the first two seasons, which were originally on the regular network programming.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Netflix - Designated Survivor

I thought that show was cancelled after the second season.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like that show. Netflix picked it up for a third season so we are all waiting for it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a site called Metacritic, which lists comings and goings of all shows. Designated Survivor start date has yet to be determined.   

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/tv-renewal-scorecard-2018-2019-season

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper Thanks a lot! Heart

Respected Contributor

I hope they improve the story lines. The first season was great, the second one seemed lackluster.

Honored Contributor

Well, today I finished binge watching Season 3 on Netflix, all 10 episodes.

I really enjoyed the storyline; however, now that this series is on Netflix, the level of gratuitous cussing is staggering. Every time there was a cuss word, I kept thinking that the conversation, the meaning of what was being said and what was going on, etc., would have been just fine without cussing. It was like they were just throwing it all in just because they could.

I'm disappointed that they have done that. I understand there is some type of add-on you can get that automatically zaps (deletes/mutes) any standard cuss words, but I don't recall what it is called. If I am to continue with any more seasons of Designated Survivor, I want to get that.

If anyone else has watched all the episodes, were you surprised at what happened in episode 9 (or was it 8?)? I don't want to spoil it for anyone else by saying what it was.

Trusted Contributor

I watched the entire season in three days. The cursing didn't really bother me. I grew up in an urban area, so to me, it's pretty much normal. I do agree though, there were a few incidents where I think they just said it because they could. And I was very surprised by the incident you're referring to. Don't want to say anymore, don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

Esteemed Contributor

I started watching season 3 last night and I agree with @World Traveler.  I wasn’t offended by the swearing because, frankly, I’ve used those words myself. I just wondered why it was necessary. Two seasons on a commercial network and no swearing. And all of a sudden now they need it. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Well, today I finished binge watching Season 3 on Netflix, all 10 episodes.

I really enjoyed the storyline; however, now that this series is on Netflix, the level of gratuitous cussing is staggering. Every time there was a cuss word, I kept thinking that the conversation, the meaning of what was being said and what was going on, etc., would have been just fine without cussing. It was like they were just throwing it all in just because they could.

I'm disappointed that they have done that. I understand there is some type of add-on you can get that automatically zaps (deletes/mutes) any standard cuss words, but I don't recall what it is called. If I am to continue with any more seasons of Designated Survivor, I want to get that.

If anyone else has watched all the episodes, were you surprised at what happened in episode 9 (or was it 8?)? I don't want to spoil it for anyone else by saying what it was.

@World Traveler 

Spoiler
About Hannah?  No because she was at the memorial wall and told him that there were no names to protect other agents.  Almost a foreshadowing of her death.
I really liked Hannah but her role really diminshed last season so it really looked like she was on her way out.  Too bad-they could have done more with her this season.
"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh