Trusted Contributor

Re: Netflix Cancels House of Cards

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@TenderMercies

Oh please ....   Highly unsettling?   Seriously?

Just to be clear, I WASN'T defending Spacey or blaming the "child".   Have you seen many 14 year old boys lately?  Most look much more like men than children.

What I am saying is that something doesn't add up here .... and what someone did when they were drunk at a party 31 years ago is going to be very tough to pinpoint, and it's possible Spacey didn't even remember that  particular party.

For all we know, the "child" was also drunk or taking drugs.  Can you somehow prove anyone knew that Anthony Rapp was underage?  

There is so much that we don't know here.

Attempting to super-impose clear headed 2017 logic (and current legal ramifications) over 1986 drunken behavior is tricky at best.  JMO

OMG:

"Just to be clear, I WASN'T defending Spacey or blaming the "child".   Have you seen many 14 year old boys lately?  Most look much more like men than children."

I think you set a new record for contradicting oneself.  

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@cherry wrote:

If someone is drunk, They don't have total recall, particularly if something happened 30 years ago. Fair minded people listen to all sides, before making a judgement call. It's not ridiculous to hear both sides ,and listen to each party tell their side. It how our justice system works

I know people who get angry, belligerent, wistful, teary-eyed, and even mellow when they get drunk. I do not know anyone who turns into a child molester, so I’m pretty sure being drunk is no excuse for the defense if this were a court case.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't know, we don't know he is a child molester.  Heqaven protect us from people like you on a jury.  People can make all kinds of claims. Does it mean its true. I don't know, and I am at least willing to hear the other side

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@cherry wrote:

If someone is drunk, They don't have total recall, particularly if something happened 30 years ago. Fair minded people listen to all sides, before making a judgement call. It's not ridiculous to hear both sides ,and listen to each party tell their side. It how our justice system works

I know people who get angry, belligerent, wistful, teary-eyed, and even mellow when they get drunk. I do not know anyone who turns into a child molester, so I’m pretty sure being drunk is no excuse for the defense if this were a court case.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't know, we don't know he is a child molester.  Heqaven protect us from people like you on a jury.  People can make all kinds of claims. Does it mean its true. I don't know, and I am at least willing to hear the other side

@TenderMercies  And how do we know he didn't pass out on top of him and a 14 year old took that as something it wasn't?  A kid gets scared being at a party he has no business being at (parents anyone?)  and for good reason and thinks the worst case scenario up especially if he was in the process of finding himself and who he was which most 14 year olds are. 

You don't know.   None of us do.  We weren't there. At least I can tell you, Kevin Spacey did not invite me to this party and therefore I saw and know nothing.  

Wow, at my next bail hearing, @cherry please be my public defender.  I'll pay!  

Respected Contributor

@TenderMercies You seem extremely upset. This subject is a very hard subject to digest whether it's molestation, abuse etc..is unacceptable. There are always two sides to a story. I didn't like the way KS so called apologized. He could have done a much better job but I haven't heard anything else relating to him and abuse of any kind. It's not as though, years and years ago the Studios would protect their stars. Nowadays, everything comes out and nothing else has come out except this incident. If you are connected to someone in this story, then I could understand you getting sooo upset. Again, I'm not making any excuses for KS. Whether anything legitimately happened or not, I don't know. There is not enough info about this occurrence to make a definitive judgement or opinion, at least that's how I feel. I was sexually attacked years ago and I know when that subject comes up I get upset not only for myself but for others. So again, if you are feeling especially upset over this particular incident and you know someone involved, that's understandable. Personally, I will wait for more info to come out, it always does.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@cherry

ITA .....  she just decided KS is a child molester without really knowing the facts.  Scary mentality, IMO.  

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 My husband and I loved Wiseguy. KW was great in it. He did very little after that show. From what I remember, he let himself go. He was great in that role.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to hear thoughts on why you think Family Guy cartoon made a show back in 2005 regarding KS holding a n*ked child in his basement?

Honored Contributor

@Sparky3333 wrote:

I would like to hear thoughts on why you think Family Guy cartoon made a show back in 2005 regarding KS holding a n*ked child in his basement?

@Sparky3333  Ask Seth McFarlane.  It's his show.  

Honored Contributor

@Sparky3333

How can anyone know what he had in mind with that? You would have to ask him. Some people have very sick senses of humour.

If you think that is some kind of definitive proof, I don't think it is.  I doubt that any court of law would use it ,as any kind of evidence. Did he think he was sending a coded message, was he trying to embarass Stacey, who knows. You can't jump inside someone head to know the truth.  It could have been a huge spoof.  Who knows?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All I will say about the situation with Spacey and Rapp is that one person was an adult, the other person was a child.  Is there any question how or why an adult would allow a situation of this nature to end up in the bedroom?