Honored Contributor

Re: Netflix Cancels House of Cards

This is not a comment on if it's appropriate or not to cancel this show or any show.

My thoughts in what's going on in Hollywood today is it must be a very difficult time to be a person who is behind the scenes (i.e. camerpeople, lightning and on and on).

These people suddenly are all out of a job.  I think this is just the beginning.

It must be very scary to be a person who works behind the scenes as far as loosing your job in entertainment.  It all happens so quickly, it seems.

I do know probably 98 or more percent of the people who do these jobs belong to unions.  However, unions can only exist if people are working and paying into them.  If they have to constantly support all of these people loosing their jobs, it's like a domino effect.

It makes me angry that one person (or all of these "stars") are causing so much anguish for so many people, not just the people they attacked but all of the other families.  So frustrating and I'm not even involved....can't imagine how difficult it must be for everyone involved.

Honored Contributor

Oh boy ....  that was a long time ago!   The man with Spacey  (Ken Wahl?)  looks a lot like David Muir on ABC World News!

Ken & Kev

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So...I'm thinking...why should something allegedly done 30 years ago have an effect on a person's job 30 years later?  Especially when it's an (so far) uncorroborated allegation.  Spacey gave the benefit of the doubt, saying if it happened he's sorry...he was drunk.  The accuser even said Spacey was "swaying" (that's what I've heard anyway). 

So if there have been no other accusations since then and his current "employer" has seen or heard nothing, what does it have to do with him?

eta...Not mentioned in the report (that I just saw anyway) is that the boy (in 1986) was "figuring out his own sexuality at the time" (has since figured out he's gay) and was in Spacey's bed when Spacey came into the room.  Not that any of that makes a difference in what Spacey may or may not have done to him.  Only that a complete report is always a better report.

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

Of course there's more to this....just the tip of the iceberg. 

Next E-Trade & American Airlines will drop his scummy behind. 

—�—�—�

I’ve never been a celebrity watcher, though sometimes, pretty hard to avoid the stories. 

I dont recall hearing stories or accusations about Spacey,  Just kind of curious, how you seem to know so much about him. 

Do you actually know him? Or know someone who was involved?

Trusted Contributor

Some of these posts are ridiculous. “I want proof!” say some of you.  How about the fact that Spacey is basically saying, “Whaaaaat?  I did whaaaat?  I don’t remember that.  I must have been drunk!”  Really?  Is that the response of an innocent person who is trying to protect his million dollar paycheck?  How about, “NO.  That is a lie.  I never did that.  It never happened.  My accuser is a liar.”  He didn’t say THAT, did he?  

Honored Contributor

If someone is drunk, They don't have total recall, particularly if something happened 30 years ago. Fair minded people listen to all sides, before making a judgement call. It's not ridiculous to hear both sides ,and listen to each party tell their side. It how our justice system works

Honored Contributor

He was fabulous in American Beauty.  

I assumed he was gay, but I couldn't have cared less if he was gay.

I have no idea if he abused this child or not.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

It feels like Hollywood is doing a self-crumbling down.  I'm sure it's been coming on. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know much about Kevin Spacey, other than I think he is a fabulous actor, and I had heard he was gay but I could care less. What I want to know is how he knew he was drunk if he doesn't remember the incident at all? Why quickly say oh I was drunk, asi f that is an excuse......Why wouldn't he have just said that was a very long time ago, and I don't remember ever acting improper, and leave it at that then? It doesn't seem truthful to me......... 

Honored Contributor

Now it's Dustin Hoffman and a woman who worked on Death Of A Salesman with him, she was only 17 at the time. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"