QVC Customer Care

Re: Netflix Cancels House of Cards

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic

Esteemed Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

@spot555

Facts, please, no unsupported accusations or inuendoes. Why should I believe YOU?

On a couple of different shows today when they discussed this a member of the discussion said this is a well-known fact about him, perhaps not this particular incident directly, but his overall behavior. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Netflix has cancelled House of Cards after next season following the accusations against Kevin Spacey which came to light overnight:

http://deadline.com/2017/10/house-of-cards-canceled-kevin-spacey-scandal-netflix-season-six-12021976...

@momtochloe

Is there more to this?    I'm a little surprised that a popular show would be cancelled over something that supposedly happened 31 years ago ......  even assuming it's true .....   that seems like a rapid and rather harsh reaction by Netflix ..... unless there have been more accusations prior to this one.   JMO

@Tinkrbl44

honestly, i am pretty sure that this was going to be the last season anyways. the ratings and critical responses have been down and the writers have said that the story has pretty much been told. 6 seasons of a show nowadays is a pretty long run, especially for a non cable show.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Loved him years ago in Wise Guy, like his character would say"the toes know".

Esteemed Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

I really felt that the show should end after season 6, anyway. Considering how season 5 ended, if they haven't started shooting season 6, I think they should just write him out completely.  

As far as Spacey goes, I think that we are going to see a lot more people coming forward.  This has apparently been going on since his days as a student at Julliard, and there was even a "joke" about him in an episode of Family Guy many years ago.  It is common knowledge in the business.

@TenderMercies@sunshine45@Laura14That's how I heard it...the decision to cancel came before the accusation.

LOVE the righteous indignation here every time a human is revealed to be fallible. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

@spot555

Facts, please, no unsupported accusations or inuendoes. Why should I believe YOU?

@zitawins   

Ditto.   Not sure if they just mean he's gay, or if there's something else to it.

Honored Contributor

Kevin Spacey has always been one of my favorite actors. He also seemed to be a charity-focused concerned member of Hollywood. I had no idea he would be capable of something like this. I'll probably never watch another one of his movies, but he was great in The Usual Suspects.

I just read that a former Bachelor franchise producer has also named other producers on the set in her lawsuit. It seems like there will be a lot of exits around Hollywood. And I'll bet their co-stars and staff are not happy, in the case of TV shows and movies being cancelled. 

Regular Contributor

Another poorly kept secret in Hollywood he’s done this for years. My husband worked in the industry for 47 years and father in law for 56 yrs it’s far from a 1 off, he just had a well payed PR and legal team that does damage control to make these incidents “disappear”

Netflix said House of cards was filming the last season before the news came out about Kevin Spacey,I wonder will they continue on now. I stopped watching after the 2nd season lost interest,but I still think he’s a very good actor what a way to go out on a disgraceful way. 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@zitawins wrote:

@spot555

On a couple of different shows today when they discussed this a member of the discussion said this is a well-known fact about him, perhaps not this particular incident directly, but his overall behavior. 

So, someone says on a talk show that this is a well known fact. So, provide proof.  I guess I am old fashioned I prefer proof over gossip and rumors.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Kevin Spacey has always been one of my favorite actors. He also seemed to be a charity-focused concerned member of Hollywood. I had no idea he would be capable of something like this. I'll probably never watch another one of his movies, but he was great in The Usual Suspects.

I just read that a former Bachelor franchise producer has also named other producers on the set in her lawsuit. It seems like there will be a lot of exits around Hollywood. And I'll bet their co-stars and staff are not happy, in the case of TV shows and movies being cancelled. 

@beach-mom Love The Usual Suspects, always watch it when it's on.