Honored Contributor

🙃 Netflex The Tinder Swindler 🙃

Documentary: 

“The Tinder Swindler” follows three women who said they were conned by Simon Leviev, an Israeli man they all met separately on Tinder sometime in 2018 or 2019.

In the documentary, the women alleged that Leviev — whose real name is Shimon Hayut — claimed he was the son of a wealthy tycoon, took them out on extravagant dates and started relationships with them before he eventually scammed them out of large sums of money.

It just boggled my mind how the 1st woman in this story is as dumb as a door knob & a bag of bricks.  She deserved to be scammed.  At least the 2nd woman did not sleep w/him from what I gather.  So she gets a half way pass for being a dumb @ss.

The 3rd woman's head was only half way buried in sand.  She wised up & sort of got her revenge.  So she gets a pass from me.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Re: 🙃 Netflex The Tinder Swindler 🙃

i heard alot of people talking about this movie.. i really want to see it..i could see letting ur boyfriend borrow maybe 100.00 if your dating for awhile.. but these woman are crazy and dumb lol.. i need to see it

Trusted Contributor

It really bothered me that he has not changed at all after prison and doing the same thing again. 

Trusted Contributor

This was an interesting watch. 

The first woman was unbelievable in the amount of money to a man she barely knew. I cannot imagine how long it will take to pay back that amount of debt. I do think her going to the journalists was a good thing to warn others. 

The second one who was not supposedly dating him giving him money is also mind boggling. 

The thrid one at least recouped some money by selling the clothes. 

When someone asks for money and you have to take loans to do so, it is time to run for the hills and move on. 

I find it incredibly sad that people feel they have to be in a relationship at any cost. Sometimes we have to take the time to be on our own and find the right person. Date others and be sure. 

I know quite a few women who have been married multiple times and just go from one to another instead of at least trying to give it a go alone for a bit.   JMO

I think I read Tinder banned him. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished watching and have mixed emotions.  These women, at least in the film had no support system, family or friends and if they did they didn't share.  The first one was blinded by the money and life style for sure.  Very gullible. The second just a friend and the third saw the light to late.  

I can get it until the money part. I can't fathom borrowing to lend to someone I barely know. He was quite the Svengali to con so many out of so much.  I guess legally there wasn't much they could charge him with since the money was all given willingly and his name wasn't on anything. To think he is free and continues to do the same thing is disgusting. There are hundreds of dating apps so he really doesn't need Tinder.  An uncle used to say, "Never lend or bet what you can't comfortably lose"!

Respected Contributor

Watching now.  Yeah these women have absolutely no sixth sense. Hey, I believed boyfriends when I was 15, 16, 17 but these women are in their 30's.  I believe it's a combination of desperation, being gullible as h***,  wanting what is unreachable for most of us, and just having wayyyy too much trust in people. The old saying if it seems too good to be true...yeah it typically is.  This is pretty bad, especially because he was able to also swindle out of jail.

Honored Contributor

UPDATE:  per scmp dot com

"he’s supposedly gotten into business consulting, real estate and bitcoin"

"conned women he met through the dating app out of almost US$10 million in total" Smiley Surprised faint.gif

"the three women who fell for Hayut’s scams, are still paying off their debts and have since set up a GoFundMe account, which has collected about US$96,000 at the time of writing."

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at Sun, Feb 13, 2022-9.10.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at Sun, Feb 13, 2022-9.10.38 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I must be the most distrusting person in the world because when money would come up that would be it for me.  All those elaborate stories he told them sounded stupid to me. 

I want to feel sorry for those women but I just don't understand it.  I guess we hear, see and believe what we want to hear, see and believe and logic goes out the window. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac Wow I cannot believe people are giving money to the go fund me. 

I have to say I will not be one of them. When you keep taking loans to give to a man you barely know that is on you. Maybe I am just too mean. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't feel sorry for these women. Anyone that gullible deserves to lose the money. No way would I contribute to Go Fund Me for them. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain