Honored Contributor

Net Flix...Your Thoughtsđź‘Ťđź‘Ž

I am always slow to the game!.  We have a  new smart TV and I see I can get NetFlix.  I can have a free month trial.  Not sure how much they want per month.  My questions are to those who use Net Flix and chose to post  are:

what do do you pay a month?  Do you pay with auto pay on a credit card?  Did you sign up for it on your smart TV?

Is it something that you feel is worth it now that you have it( like Amazon Prime for me!)

I am very intrigued to try it, just wonder if with all the other TV choices I already have, if I really need Net Flix for $100 plus dollars a year.  đź¤”

Thanks for for your input.  I can not  thank everyone personally for their posts, but, please know that I read I your post and do thank you for your time and thoughts🙂 

Honored Contributor

Re: Net Flix...Your Thoughtsđź‘Ťđź‘Ž

We just had tooooooo many selections and I wanted to save some money. I watch a lot of the Netflix, and the other Amazon movies.  It fits the bill for me.  All kinds of shows on those.

HBO came in on the channels we had three times.  We didn't need all that. I don't miss Showtime. These two mentioned above gad zooks, bushels of shows.  We also work off just the antenne on the roof. That's for local news and a few other channels we don't watch as much.  I'm very satisfied.

Husband set it up, for auto w/d. for payments.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got a smart tv last year,got net flix,my bill comes through my cable provider, it cost me 14.50 a month,just increased t o that this month.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

The price just increased to $10.99 a month for my subscription.  It gets charged automatically to my card once a month.  I don't watch as much as I used to.  I really only use it for their original series like "Stranger Things," "The OA," and "House of Cards."  They really don't get new movies as much as they used to.  If you like watching tv series, then it's a good deal.  If you are more interested in watching new movie releases, I would get a stand alone subscription to HBO, which also has many good series available.  

Trusted Contributor

We have Netflix. We were paying $9.99/month, then they raised it to $10.99. Since we only watch it on one tv we decided to switch to the $7.99 plan. 

We also have Hulu and cable. We spend a lot of time watching Netflix or Hulu because we rarely find much on cable worth watching. We keep the cable for sports and news programming.

You're the only one who can decide if it's worth it for you. I suggest you get the free trial and see how many shows/movies you watch in a month. If you watch a lot then get it, if not then you know it's not worth it. 

Honored Contributor

I used to have Netflix. It was okay, but limited. Same with Hulu. Now we have Amazon Prime video and Sling TV. What's great is that with Sling we can get TCM, my absolute favorite channel, as part of a Hollywood package for just $5 extra per month. Beats the pants off cable. We also use the "cloud" DVR recorder to record exactly the shows we want to see. It's really great. With this set up there's always something interesting to watch when we have time. And if you have to stop in the middle, it keeps track of where you left off.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

we have two netflix accounts. i have six people in our household.

i think it is now 10.99 a month for each account and it is automatically deducted from my discover card. 2 people can use each account at the same time.

i signed up online and received a free month.

it is used A LOT in our home and when we are away.

we also have a premium cable package, hulu, and amazon prime.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because it is easy to renew and drop monthly with no fee i tried it.  Enjoy it and when It starts to seem like the are not doing enough they come up with some great new stuff.

The first 2 months I had is when I binged watched and saw some great series.  I recommend it. My tv came with the `1st month free

Honored Contributor

I do agree there has not been much new on latley.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  We enjoy the documentary films on Netflix....