Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need netflix suggestions.

If you like documentaries, I recommend God Knows Where I Am, about a woman's experience with mental illness told through diaries left behind.  It was hard to forget this story after watching it.  It's currently available on Netflix:

A sad story about a woman found dead in an abandoned farmhouse, God Knows Where I Am tells the story of Linda Bishop, whose diary documents the events that led to her death. After spending almost four months living off of apples and rain water, she eventually starved to death, a prisoner of her own mind. During the cold winter she spent in the farmhouse, she was waiting for God to save her.

God Knows Where I Am shares the story from different perspectives in addition to Linda's and shows our failure to protect those who are powerless against themselves.

Regular Contributor

Just started watching a new series I really enjoy - Longmire. It's about a Wyoming sheriff trying to move on from the death of his wife.  There is a murder or similar case for he and his deputies to solve in each episode.  The stories are unique and the scenery is just beautiful.  Plus, some interesting guest stars have popped up in episodes - Peter Weller from "Robocop" and Tom Wopat from "Dukes of Hazzard," to name a few.  I always enjoy seeing older stars continue to work as they age.  Think of Betty White!!!   

Esteemed Contributor

@joviolin ...Longmire was one of the first series I watched when we got Netflix.  I loved it, you will enjoy it right up to the end.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Netflix recommendations are:

Series: The Crown

Unorthodox

Bloodline

Nurse Jackie

Grace & Frankie

Movies: Spenser Confidential

Backdraft 2

Documentaries: Echo in the Canyon

Clive Davis The Soundtrack of Our Lives

ETA Springsteen on Broadway

@Caligurll thank you for recommending God Knows Where I Am. I read a lengthy article about this when it happened and will be interested in watching.

Esteemed Contributor

@cantdrive55  Her story real stuck with me for a while.

Spoiler
Especially the part where one of the people who were there when she was was found in the farmhouse said they could see the big screen tv of a nearby house from the window.  She truly was a prisoner of her own mind.  May she finally rest in peace.
Regular Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma - Oh, good!  I am so glad there are 6 seasons - we barely started Season 2.  My husband and I feel the show gets more compelling with each episode.  Are there other series you enjoyed as much as Longmire?  

Regular Contributor

I am enjoying Anne With An E very much right now.  Based on Anne Of Green Gables.  The acting is really good and the scenery is beautiful.

Occasional Contributor

On Netflix watch the show Crash Landing On You. THE BEST SHOW! English subtitles 16 episodes, story characters are from north and South Korea. You will not be disappointed.
Frequent Contributor

Some of my favorites:

Wentworth

Broadchurch

The Fall

Wanted

Outer Banks

Rectify

Offspring

Boy Toy

Sex Education

Ozark

Money Heist

House of Cards

Breaking Bad

Love

Unbelievable

Doctor Foster

To name just a few!  Enjoy!

Frequent Contributor

Consider Lucifer!!  I would have never picked this on my own, but a good friend suggested it for me.  I breezed through the 4 seasons in just a few weeks and can't wait for Season 5 on August 21.  Since then, I have recommended it to a couple of friends who are now hooked as well.

i also enjoyed Sweet Magnolias and Grace/Frankie.  I am on Season 3 of Anne with an E, which is somewhat enjoyable, but every episode something tragic happens and so I'm on break from it for a bit.