Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need netflix suggestions.

[ Edited ]

We have a one month's free trial offer that I just signed up for but I tell ya it is so overwhelming looking over everything, so I really appreciate any suggestions for some really good series, movies, documentaries.

By the time I get done navigating through everything, the month's free trial will be over! LOL Woman LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

Please watch Dead to Me with Christina Applegate.  My friend told me to watch and after the first episode I was hooked.  I think it's called a "dramedy" or something like that.  It is crazy and has dark humor, but it's addictive.  Give it a try.  I  haven't found one person yet who hasn't liked it.

My husband loves Schitt's Creek.  I'm only on the 3rd episode and it's a little hard for me to get into, but a lot of people love this series and have said that it picks up after a few episodes.

Have you watched The Crown? It is based on the life/monarchy of Queen Elizabeth (starting with when her father was King) and is supposedly fact-based.  It's very interesting and also addictive.  The only thing I don't like is how they switch up who plays the Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip every 2 seasons.  I really love the first actress who played her.

Give some of these a try.  Hopefully you will enjoy them!

Super Contributor

Watch the highwaymen movie....teriffic

Honored Contributor

some things we liked recently

the Harlen Coben series there are a few, pretty much all the same but enjoyable

The Bodyguard UK series excellent

Virgin River 

Collateral 

Aussie show the code 

There is a lot of stuff that is bad too

Honored Contributor

@chiclet I am always giving my picks for series ( you can find many of them in this forum). I just yesterday watched Bodyguard on Netflix, it is a British thriller from 2018, it was really good. I posted about a series on Netflix ( which no one watched but me) called Soundtrack. I describe it as This Is Us meets Zoey’s Extraordinary Plalist, with a mashup of Glee. I can not tell you how much I LOVED this series ( I don’t want to give too much away)!

Honored Contributor

I think Netflix has not been producing new films during the pandemic.  We have a large Netflix production studio here in Albuquerque and it has been shut down.  As I recall, Virgin River was supposed to resume with new episodes in June, but there was nothing.  Just another CoVi19 casualty.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Our tastes are all different but I love Kominsky Method and loved Hollywood. The Seinfeld stand up was very good too as well as the Ben Platt concert. My friend is enjoying Virgin River. 

Contributor

I'm currently watching Roswell, and it's pretty good.  For those of you that mentioned Dexter, you may want to also watch YOU.  Loved it!

Regular Contributor

If you are old enough to remember the "Archie" comic series, "Riverdale" is a dark take on it that I can't stop watching.  It is billed as a teen series but I love it and so do my friends - and we're all in our 60s!

Ozark is the best Netflix series I've ever seen - the storyline and acting are amazing.  The women are especially strong.  I can't wait for it to return - in a year if we're lucky!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions.  Most I have watched or tried to watch.  I usually love things like the crown but I have tried twice to get into it but it is so slow. I loved Victoria on PBS.   Also Ozark is one most people seem to like but I cannot get into it either.  Maybe I will try Nurse Jackie.  I wish I had not already seen Breaking Bad.  That was a great series