Frequent Contributor

Need help with Netflix suggestions

just signed up for Netflix today and need some suggestions for movies.  I like drama, crime stories and British movies.  Thanks everyone!

Respected Contributor

Re: Need help with Netflix suggestions

Bloodline, Top of the Lake, The Killing and Broadchurch. Of course, I loved House of Cards but it may be too realistic in this silly political season.

Trusted Contributor

Not a movie but I have enjoyed the Netflix series Grace and Frankie with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. I'm anxiously awaiting the next season. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched any movies, but if you wouldn't mind some other recommendations, here goes. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Grace and Frankie, House of Cards, and on Wed. thurs. and Friday Chelsea Handler has a talk show, that is really good. Have fun with Netflix, it's great.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Bloodline, Top of the Lake, The Killing and Broadchurch. Of course, I loved House of Cards but it may be too realistic in this silly political season.

All of the above, plus Peaky Blinders and the Brit version of Shameless.

Esteemed Contributor

Not movies but series: Midsommer Murders, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Broadchurch

Regular Contributor

Watched recently (and recommend):

A Little Chaos

Triple 9

Infinitely Polar Bear

The Walk

Secret in Their Eyes

The Danish Girl

Suffragette

Hope this helps, I know you will enjoy Netflix!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have several faves, but one in particular - "Happy Valley", a British crime drama series headed by an awesome woman - encompasses all of your likes, LOL.

It's also critically-acclaimed; just Google for reviews. 

Valued Contributor

I liked Marcella and The Fall. Both British crime. Both are about the search of a serial killer.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you everyone.  I have written down every title. Can't wait to start watching. Do I just type in the name of the movie in the search box?  I have not seen any of your suggestions in the titles that come up when opening their selections?

thanks for your help!!