Honored Contributor

Re: Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind (HBO in May)

@NickNack 

you can watch HBO streaming on ustvgo.tv .......if you have a good internet service you should have no issues. its a great site if you dont get some of the popular channels.

i am looking forward to this documentary. love robert wagner and love natalie wood. nice to hear their daughter is involved in the production.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I’ve long wondered if it is true that Kirk Douglas is the one who raped her (very brutally - she was injured) when she was teenager. Sixteen, if I remember correctly. Her mom was awful, more concerned with Natalie becoming a famous actress and told her to be quiet about it. But I think she still ended up in the hospital afterward. I

’ve read a number of items over the years that mentioned Kirk Douglas, was NOT a nice man, especially toward women. Anyway, it seems to be generally accepted that Natalie was in fact brutally raped and beaten by a famous, powerful married actor. Many think it was Douglas.
Respected Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

That documentary sounds interesting.

I always got a kick out of Natalie Wood's feistiness. When her daughter was less than a year old, and she learned that her husband, Gregson, was carrying on with her secretaryanimated-shocked-smiley-image-0065.gif, she tossed his belongings out a window lol and kicked him out. (No word on whether RJ did the same during her affair with Warren Beatty.) Then, when he tried to come back, she had cops stationed on the property.

She didn't take any kwap, that's for sure.

@Moonlady 

I only wish that she had been that agressive when "somebody" pushed her off the dock!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@NickNack 

you can watch HBO streaming on ustvgo.tv .......if you have a good internet service you should have no issues. its a great site if you dont get some of the popular channels.

i am looking forward to this documentary. love robert wagner and love natalie wood. nice to hear their daughter is involved in the production.

Thank you so much @sunshine45 !  I've never heard of this.  I just bookmarked it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@fortune 

If that isn't the truth. 😉

As for her overbearing mother, it brings to mind when she responded to someone asking her how her father had died, and she reportedly said, "My mother."

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

It's something that older seniors who remember her fondly would like.  It seems like it's a genuine biography and not another lurid rehash of the circumstances of her death and the troubles in her life.  Fashions, movie clips, family photos; that's what I would want to see and remember her by if I was fan.

Honored Contributor

Has anybody watched this yet, or have it scheduled?

I saw something in EW about it and scheduled it to record.  I guess it recorded yesterday and I'm watching it now.  It's very good.   I am a HUGE fan of Natalie Wood.  I remember wishing I would grow up to look just like her because she was so beautiful.

But themention of her death almost shocked me in that I didn't realize this happened 39 years ago!!    It just doesn't seem nearly that long.

Still tons of airings coming up on the various HBO channels starting tomorrow morning (Sat, 5/23).   

Honored Contributor

I did @chickenbutt and both I and others posted in the forums about it afterwards. Unless there was another HBO doc? A mother's love or something like that? Anyway do a board search for it....some of us saw it and posted.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
I did @chickenbutt and both I and others posted in the forums about it afterwards. Unless there was another HBO doc? A mother's love or something like that? Anyway do a board search for it....some of us saw it and posted.

I haven't seen that one.  Will have to look for it.  Thanks  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I just bumped it up for you