Trusted Contributor

My favorite show, currently. 

I was expecting cancellation, earlier, then we started hearing all these hopeful, for renewal,tidbits; alas didn't happen👿

• I would love to see it picked up elsewhere♥️We can hope, but, I'm afrId to hope, too hard!
Respected Contributor

I love the show but I have to say the story lines this year are not well written.  They seem to be going over the same ground instead of new stuff.  No surprises.  I hope it gets picked up by someone else and they get new writers. 

Honored Contributor

There are always grumblings at the end of the year about this showed being canceled so I'm not surprised.  It seemed like the show started to get away from what it was in the beginning when it featured more music and was more about the writing and singing.  It seems it got so depressing with the storylines and really got away from the performances.

There were also grumblings either last year or the year before that they were possibly going to move filming out of Nashville because if various issues with the city and TN and then it was kept there.  So if this was an issue with Nashville and/or TN, they could move filming elsewhere. 

I don't do Hulu or Netflix so if it moves there, I won't see it anyhow. 

Trusted Contributor

I have watched this show since the first episode so I'm disappointed that it's been cancelled. 

Nashville and The Good Wife were about the only shows on network tv that I watched regularly -- guess I'll have to find something else to watch now. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

I have watched this show since the first episode so I'm disappointed that it's been cancelled. 

Nashville and The Good Wife were about the only shows on network tv that I watched regularly -- guess I'll have to find something else to watch now. Smiley Sad

Same here, but I do love Chi Med, Heartbeat, SVU, Greys, and now Mistresses and Nightshift are coming back.

Honored Contributor

I am so sad to hear this, I really enjoyed Nashville.....I hope they wrap everything up next week then...

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am so sad to hear this, I really enjoyed Nashville.....I hope they wrap everything up next week then...

I would bet it's doubtful because they didn't know they were being canceled.  And if they are shopping it to other networks, they have to leave it open to coming back.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I would bet it's doubtful because they didn't know they were being canceled.  And if they are shopping it to other networks, they have to leave it open to coming back.  Smiley Sad

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Very true Lipstick Diva...I hope another channel picks them up...

Honored Contributor

I just told someone at my Weight Watchers meeting that Nashville was cancelled and she reacted like I shot her dog! I watched this show from the beginning but watch more out of habit than anything else. I'm sure I'll find something else to watch on Wednesdays at 10:00. 

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@LogoFan wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

I'm really disappointed Nashville won't be back for a fifth season.  Even though I am not a fan of country music, I enjoyed this show.  Supposedly the producers are trying to shop the show to another network and had been working on stories for next season.   I wonder if the last episode will leave storylines hanging.

This is absolutely one of my favorites.  The preview for next week featured a discussion between Rayna and Deacon, and seems like Deacon will be pulling away from her again.  That is not reassuring since I saw this forum.  Hope another network will pick it up, also hope it will not be on Hulu or anything like it.

i would love to see it on another network, but if not, then i am fine with it being on hulu or netflix to continue.

I did not mean any harm by saying would not like to see it on Hulu.  I do not have Hulu or Netflix and really not able to, so would be disappointed to miss the show.  Don't even know how those networks work.

On that note, my ISP AT&T Uverse will be charging extra for usage over allowed Gigabytes on internet.  Was told that people using netflix or such things would be the ones paying extra fees.  Further off the subject, Comcast & some others are planning the same thing and I got an email that some agency will be fighting this unfairness.  Just an FYI, should probably be another forum subject.