Respected Contributor

Re: Naomi Judd died

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/country-singing-star-naomi-judd-dead-76/BTAXLQUIWBBDXD3BDHQ5Y67S... 

Suicide confirmed

@RoughDraft - I didn't see that in that article.

@gidgetgh   Apparently the article has been :"updated/edited" since I first posted.  The mention of suicide was deleted.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/country-singing-star-naomi-judd-dead-76/BTAXLQUIWBBDXD3BDHQ5Y67S... 

Suicide confirmed

Unless I missed it or skipped over it, that article doesn't confirm it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Naomi Judd died

[ Edited ]

She retired due to Hepatitis C . Sometimes the treatment works to rid it from a patient, sometimes it doesn't. Hepatitis C is a long term disease. It can affect ones brain and cause psychological and neurological issues.  I know someone who is experiencing this at this time.

It doesn't matter how she died. It matters THAT  she died. I am glad that she LIVED.

Rest in Peace Naomi.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

How does one die from mental illness???

@rms1954   By suicide.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I am sorry to read about this.

As far as lecturing "some posters" regarding unkind terms regarding mental illness-we have lost posters to suicide and I have NEVER seen unkind remarks made about the deceased.

We also have posters who lost loved ones to suicide, including myself, and I have NEVER seen unkind remarks made to the surviving posters. 

All of this is speculation, as far as I can tell.

The issue isn't about posters; the issue is about the loss of Naomi Judd and the sorrow her daughters and other loved ones are experiencing.

Let's have compassion for them instead of berating anonymous posters.

Self-righteous huffing has no place here.

Then this post shouldn't be here either. 😄

Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud   I agree with you.  The article just confirmed that she died.  It did NOT confirm suicide.  

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

She retired due to Hepatitis C . Sometimes the treatment works to rid it from a patient, sometimes it doesn't. Hepatitis C is a long term disease. It can affect ones brain and cause psychological and neurological issues.  I know someone who is experiencing this at this time.

It doesn't matter how she died. It matters THAT  she died. I am glad that she LIVED.

Rest in Peace Naomi.

@KBEANS - I love your last statements. So true.

My only female cousin died from Hepatitis C when she was 50. She had had a blood transfusion after delivering her daughter about 25 years earlier. The disease appeared many years later. 

Contributor

My heart is so heavy after learning this news.  So very sad.  I mentioned to a neighbor today that she had passed and suffered from mental illness.  My neighbor's responce was, "well, she had the money to take care of herself."  I was speechless.

Having dealt with issues myself I know what I went through, and truthfully still do.  I was fortunate enough to be able to seek care, and it wasn't  because "I had the money."  It was because I had family and a few friends that were and are still there for me. And my faith in God.  But it's still a struggle.

I think some people still think you can "snap" yourself out of it or go tell the doctors and get a prescription for depression and just like that you're fine.  It doesn't work that way.  And I hope anyone who needs help will get help.  We all struggle, just in different ways. And money can't fix everything.

Sorry, I just needed to vent the "money to take care of herself" remark just really hurt and surprised me.

Respected Contributor

I thought she looked very fragile, when they were on that last awards show. I doubt she would have been able to handle a tour. How sad that she couldn't have hung on a little longer, to make it into the hall of fame. Too bad it took so long for them to receive, that honor. condolences to the family.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Suicide confirmed

Unless I missed it or skipped over it, that article doesn't confirm it.

@CelticCrafter See my edited post above yours.  I'm done here

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~