Honored Contributor

There is another thingie about ND on TV and Movies. I thought the show was a disaster.

And that guy that played her Dad looked so young.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

Glad I saw this.

Loved the books and want to keep Nancy as is.

Honored Contributor

I saw where someone said it reminds them of Buffy.  I loved, loved Buffy.  My daughter and I used to watch it and talk about it.

I might give it a try based on the Buffy reference.

Honored Contributor

For most of us who read the Nancy Drew books this show is a disappointment and doesn't represent the author's writings.  I read the fifties series and there was an earlier series before my time, nothing changed from one decade to another in the books.

The sex scenes  turned me off not because I am a prude, far from it.  But the fact nothing like that ever was written about in the books.  It wasn't relevant to the story either and just thrown in lure younger viewers.  Sad to say the least.

The casting choices were not impressive and also weren't true to the books.  I hope this post won't be misinterpreted, I watch many shows geared to younger audiences and love them.  However, the Nancy Drew books didn't need changes because they were stories about a young girl detective and her friends who solved mysteries.  You can add supernatural but the changes made are obviously not to stay true to the book but to attract a certain audience.  Just my opinion.

Respected Contributor

I read all of the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books when I was younger as I loved reading mystery books. I did see some of the earlier shows featuring Nancy Drew and liked them.

I have seen the promo's for the new Nancy Drew show and can tell it is nothing like the book but I did tape a few episodes to watch later. When I do I will give an update!

Esteemed Contributor

As a young girl growing up I read every Nancy Drew book.  Of course that was many moons ago, all I know is that I enjoying them back then and plan to check it out on TV.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Have been pulling it up On Demand and find the ongoing mystery interesting. Despite some bad casting, I'll keep watching. 

Honored Contributor

Has it improved?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man