Honored Contributor

never read the books 

but I started watching this on the DVR and rather liked it

just wondered what others think 

Respected Contributor

I tried to watch but after the first 5 minutes or so I knew it was defineately not for me.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Contributor

Read all the books as a kid.  Loved them.  The show is way different than the books.  There were a few movies made way back when that were closer to the books.  Did not see supernatural happening but will watch how it progresses.  I think the actor playing her father is miscast too.  Did not care for show starting with boinking either.  A little tacky.  

Trusted Contributor

I read all of the Nancy Drew books when I was a kid.  Her books were wonderful mysteries and began my lifelong love for mysteries.  Nancy was an adventurous, independent, smart girl.  She traveled to many places and I learned a lot of geography and history (I didn't realize it at the time!). She drove a convertible!! This show is like Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. 😩 I'm disappointed. 

Respected Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

I read all of the Nancy Drew books when I was a kid.  Her books were wonderful mysteries and began my lifelong love for mysteries.  Nancy was an adventurous, independent, smart girl.  She traveled to many places and I learned a lot of geography and history (I didn't realize it at the time!). She drove a convertible!! This show is like Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. 😩 I'm disappointed. 

I agree, it's more like Buffy.  I don't like the Syfy slant.  It was too dark for me.  Years ago Nancy Drew was a TV show that was strictly clean and interesting.  It was a Murder She Wrote type of show.  I'm gettng tired of all the certain type of situations.

Esteemed Contributor

As a teen I read all the Nancy Drew and Dana Girls Mystery books. Loved them. Haven't seen any of the series.

Honored Contributor

I LOVED reading Nancy Drew as a child!  I had several really old copies and I also had new ones.  I remember my mother gave my set to my cousin when I outgrew them and I hoped that she loved them as much as I did.

I missed the show but reading the remarks here it sounds like the characters and writing is different from the original.  I did see the commercials for it and was surprised that it was Nancy Drew....it just seemed a lot different from what I remember.

Respected Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I tried to watch but after the first 5 minutes or so I knew it was defineately not for me.

I felt the same way.  I grew up with the Nancy Drew books and the old movies that are shown on TWC.  There is nothing at all about this that is similar to Nancy Drew.  Also that scene with her bonking that guy in the tent just for the sake of it, was so out of character for the Nancy Drew of old.  Just tacky.

Respected Contributor

I thought I had my TiVo set to record, but I didn't. It's set to record the rest of the season, but I'll have to catch up with OnDemand at some point before the next episode.

Honored Contributor

I read the books when I was kid, the only thing that tv show has in common with the books is the title.  I watched half of it and dozed off.  I wasted 30 minutes.