Honored Contributor

Name of TV nostalgic magazine

Does anyone know the name of the nostalgic magazine that has articles about people in old TV programs? It is similar to the weekly magazine called Closer (which I really enjoy) that does interviews with people from, for instance, the Golden Girls, Rifleman, Happy Days, etc. It is always interesting to see what happened to them after the shows. And sometimes they interview the children of those stars who have passed on.

I want to subscribe to it, but can't remember the name. I am quite sure that the first part of the title is "re," as in Renew (but that's not it). But could be wrong on that. I will recognize the name when I hear/see it.

Any help you may give on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Name of TV nostalgic magazine

I just Googled it and one came up called 'Reminisce'.

Honored Contributor

i get REMIND magazine....that has a lot of trivia, puzzles, and articles about old  shows and nostalgia.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

i get REMIND magazine....that has a lot of trivia, puzzles, and articles about old  shows and nostalgia.

@sunshine45 BINGO!!!! That's it, I'm quite sure. Sounds right. Thanks!

@chickenbutt Oh, I used to get that one, Reminisce. Very good magazine. When they sold it to another company, instead of being family run, they started to have advertisements. That's when I cancelled. Up until then it was a really great magazine. It also printed Country, which was good too. And another one they put out was A Taste of ??????; can't think of the rest of that name. All really good magazine, known for the wonderful photos.

Edited to add: WOW! Went online to order and the sample magazine they show is such fun to go thru! Had a picture of Irish McCalla, who was someone I watched on TV as a kid when she was Sheena, Queen of the Jungle! ha! And there really are a lot of puzzles in it. This sample showed that the minimum wage in 1965 was $1.25. Oh, I am really going to enjoy this magazine. Thanks again, @sunshine45

Honored Contributor

'A Taste of Home'?  I've heard of that one, but it's a book of recipes, mostly dump cooking type recipes from what I've seen.  They sent me free copies a couple of times but I haven't subscribed as my cooking style is a bit different.

Glad Sunshine found it for you.  YAY!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, @chickenbutt, that's it. A Taste of Home. You are right, it is a lot of recipes. Way back many years ago, Reminisce, Country, A Taste of Home, and a few others they put out, were only available thru subscription, not on newsstands. But now I see A Taste of Home in some grocery stores.

They even started one that had great stories and photos of during the war. But they stopped because it wasn't getting as much interest. They kept maybe a page or two of those articles in the Reminisce, I believe.

Thanks again, as you brought back memories of other great magazines I used to get. Heart