Honored Contributor

NO MORE DANCING WITH STARS

[ Edited ]

Disney Week reminded me why I decided last year not to watch this season. I finally removed it from my auto-record list.

I feel badly that the co-hosts were "let go" after almost 20 (?) seasons & replaced by a former fashion model who, BTW, I can't hear over the fake applause.

Anyone else tired of the SOS?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NO MORE DANCING WITH STARS

I stopped watching several seasons ago. I got tired of the format. I did like the previous hosts and was sorry that they decided to change.

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching a couple of seasons ago. Liked Tom as a host but couldn't stand Erin. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched the very first show many many seasons ago....that was the last one I watched. Do not understand why anyone would watch DWS or even shows like American Idol or The Voice..... just so overly fake and dramatic.  Add to that so scripted and made for TV drama.  Not entertaining to me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been watching, but it's not the same.  Tyra is dong exactly as I predicted -- making the show about her, as much as possible.  

The unnecessary, costume changes, are distracting and irritating. I get circus ringmaster vibes. Her voice grates, too.  

I FW just to catch the dancing, but this will probably be the last season that I begin watching.  Once you do, you become attached to some of the couples and can't cut the cord.  

Respected Contributor

I stopped watching years ago when it became less about the dancing and more about restarting a celebrity's career. 

Honored Contributor

From what little I know about dancing, from the first and second seasons (and halfway through the second) it was apparent this was not in any way shape or form related to finding the best dancers.

As with every show like this, it's about some sob story or who does what--not in any way about "talent."  It's a mini scripted soap opera. 

Honored Contributor

When I watched in 2010 it was about the best dancing. My favorites ever were Kyle and Lacey and they came in second. Had never heard of Kyle as he was a Disney kid but he was a fantastic dancer. 

Whose career did they try to restart? Florence Henderson? I never thought they did that. Just poking fun at older people dancing. 
The best dancers were most always the football players. 
I don't watch anymore as I had already watched enough.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Disney Week reminded me why I decided last year not to watch this season. I finally removed it from my auto-record list.

I feel badly that the co-hosts were "let go" after almost 20 (?) seasons & replaced by a former fashion model who, BTW, I can't hear over the fake applause.

Anyone else tired of the SOS?

@Shanus  I don't watch anymore but Erin Andrews was not the first co host. I didn't care for her at all. The first was Brooke Burke Charvet. I liked her much better.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

When I watched in 2010 it was about the best dancing. My favorites ever were Kyle and Lacey and they came in second. Had never heard of Kyle as he was a Disney kid but he was a fantastic dancer. 

Whose career did they try to restart? Florence Henderson? I never thought they did that. Just poking fun at older people dancing. 
The best dancers were most always the football players. 
I don't watch anymore as I had already watched enough.

@proudlyfromNJ   Sean Spicer (sp?) comes to mind, Jennifer Gray, Kirstie Alley...