Honored Contributor

NIGHTBIRDE DROPS OUT OF AGT

[ Edited ]

Nightbirde, the painfully thin young woman who has cancer with only a 2% chance of survival, has dropped out of the America's Got Talent competition because her cancer has worsened. Simon Cowell pressed the Golden Buzzer for her during her audition after she sang a song she had written about fighting her cancer.

Source: article online -- one of the major news outlets, can't remember which now.

Honored Contributor

Re: NIGHTBIRDE DROPS OUT OF AGT

How horribly sad.  

Respected Contributor

Oh, that is sad.  I liked her.  She's way too young to have to deal with C and having the condition worsen at this time in her life.  I wish her well and hope she finds an answer somewhere in regards to her condition.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

She's only 30 yrs old, and IMO looks even younger.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee ...All this to promote the program....how sad......do you believe the producers are taking advantage of this woman to promote their own program?

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@Pearlee ...All this to promote the program....how sad......do you believe the producers are taking advantage of this woman to promote their own program?

@tobes. Sorry, I can't respond to that because I have no idea. I watched Nightbirde's performance and the Golden Buzzer on YouTube when I read a lot of buzz about it right after she was on  and then today saw this news online.  I don't watch AGT.

Trusted Contributor

I, too, had to watch her on a video as I don't watch AGT much at all. Her voice was so achingly beahutiful and the lyrics Daly enthralling. I wish her peace and let her name be a blessing.

Honored Contributor

I saw this and my heart just aches for her!  She is a lovely young woman with such a beautiful voice.  I pray for her and her family.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I was so saddened to hear this, I as well as many others were pulling for her and wished the best for her. If attitude counts for anything I thought she is going to beat this. I am hoping a miracle will come her way. 

Trusted Contributor

I am sending her prayers.  So sad that someone so young has to go through this.