Honored Contributor

🚀 NGC new TV series - MARS 🚀

Starts Monday 11/14/16 on the National Geographic Channel.

You can watch the 1st episode full video on the NGC website as well as the back story, Before Mars.

"MARS" will boldly go where no television show has gone before.

No, the six-part, six-hour National Geographic series is not the first show about the first manned mission to the planet Mars. That's been done repeatedly for more than a century — starting with the 1902 silent film "La Voyage dans la Lune" ("A Trip to the Moon").

But this latest "MARS" journey, beginning Monday, is an amalgam for which there is no easy description. It's part drama — the story of a team of astronauts in the year 2033 who travel to the Red Planet.

And it's part documentary — the drama is broken up by segments that feature experts talking about what that trip will be like and segments showing present-day scientists hard at work so that the trip will one day be possible.

"MARS" will boldly go where no television show has gone before.

No, the six-part, six-hour National Geographic series is not the first show about the first manned mission to the planet Mars. That's been done repeatedly for more than a century — starting with the 1902 silent film "La Voyage dans la Lune" ("A Trip to the Moon").

But this latest "MARS" journey, beginning Monday, is an amalgam for which there is no easy description. It's part drama — the story of a team of astronauts in the year 2033 who travel to the Red Planet.

And it's part documentary — the drama is broken up by segments that feature experts talking about what that trip will be like and segments showing present-day scientists hard at work so that the trip will one day be possible."

FULL ARTICLE LINK

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: 🚀 NGC new TV series - MARS 🚀

I saw the pre-story and I am anxiously waiting the series. 

Honored Contributor

I can't wait for this series. I like most of Ron Howard's productions. This one should be a good one.

Honored Contributor

I love how this show is interjecting real science and real scientists into the story. The whole time I was watching the first epi, I kept thinking how this scenario will actually happen one day in our future...and the reasons for that day are most certainly disheartening and somewhat frightening.