Honored Contributor

Re: NEWS Kelly Clarkson's Ex Brandon Blackstock Wants $436K a Month in Spousal and Child Support

He was divorced by the time she started dating him (7 years after they first met).

I don't have much use for these guys who demand spousal support from their wives.  This isn't the first one and won't be the last.

He has a job, so why does he need her to support him, unless he wants to sit around and do nothing for the rest of his life?  And using the kids for even more money is beyond despicable.

Hopefully, she has a great lawyer and an iron-clad prenup!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEWS Kelly Clarkson's Ex Brandon Blackstock Wants $436K a Month in Spousal and Child Support

[ Edited ]

Interesting that we had a whole thread on equal rights for women but when the shoe is on the other foot suddenly we are not equal. Seems excessive but if that is what the woman were to receive than why not the man? The reasons will just point out society's hypocrisy. We have work to do in the topic of feminism.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Super Contributor

He always seemed smarmy to me. If you look at pictures of them even when they married she was beaming while he looked pained.  She married to have a family while I don't think he was all that invested. So this split doesn't surprise me.

He should get spousal support because if the situation were reversed no one would balk. But the amount is outrageous.

Respected Contributor

She might not be singing that song of hers any longer titled Piece by Piece.

I read that Brandon's father, Narvel, is suing her for $1 million also; back royalities for when he was her manager.  Also sounds like there are problems with alcohol and mary jane within the marriage according to the child visitation agreement.  Those Blackstock men don't seem to have a problem with walking away.

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

She might not be singing that song of hers any longer titled Piece by Piece.

I read that Brandon's father, Narvel, is suing her for $1 million also; back royalities for when he was her manager.  Also sounds like there are problems with alcohol and mary jane within the marriage according to the child visitation agreement.  Those Blackstock men don't seem to have a problem with walking away.

@Scooby Doo 

It's like a Country song. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

ET can confirm that the 43-year-old talent manager has filed legal docs requesting that Clarkson pay him $436,000 a month. The breakdown is $301,000 in spousal support and the remaining $135,000 for child support for their two children, River, 6, and Remington, 4. If Blackstock's request is granted, he'd receive more than $5.2 million per year.

He is also asking his ex for $2 million to cover his attorney's fees. 

WOW!  It appears he is trying to capitalize off her wealth. He only has the kids every other weekend...and he has a good business managing other famous clients like Blake Shelton to name one.

I think it comes down to anger and GREED.

@SeaMaiden 

Spousal support?   Seriously?   Never heard of this guy, but his business must be down ... way down.   Either that, or he's just an opportunist and an idiot.  In situations like this, it can be better (emotionally) to pay them a lump sum and be done with it.   This guy should be able to support himself.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

There's 2 sides to every divorce.  Generally, both are wrong.

@SurferWife  3 sides actually, 'reality' is somewhere in the middle.

Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Interesting that we had a whole thread on equal rights for women but when the shoe is on the other foot suddenly we are not equal. Seems excessive but if that is what the woman were to receive than why not the man? The reasons will just point out society's hypocrisy. We have work to do in the topic of feminism.

If the woman only had custody every other weekend, I would think that she was also not entitled to child support. I really don't see the hypocrisy in this case.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

You're right on all points, this guy ain't broke or 'needing' anything....he's just a leech.

1. WHO IS KELLY CLARKSON’S HUSBAND, BRANDON BLACKSTOCK?

The 43-year-old was born in Fort Worth, Texas, to parents Narvel Blackstock and Elisa Gayle Ritter.

Like Clarkson, Blackstock is no stranger to the music industry. More specifically, he is a music manager (following in his father’s footsteps) with a list of clients that includes everyone from Rascal Flatts to Blake Shelton.

In addition to managing music talent, he’s also a pilot. In a 2013 People interview, Clarkson called him, "Mr. Manly Hunter Pilot Guy."

Oh, and we can’t forget to mention that country star Reba McEntire is his step-mom.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

Greed!! I am glad to hear that he signed a prenup, so perhaps he will be limited in how much money he can suck from her. He is worth millions on his own, he just wants more. Ughh..

@icezeus He'll probably be able to get 50% of her earnings since they were married. ugh...

But spousal support &/or child support? [Woman Mad what a '4 letter word'!!]