Honored Contributor

Re: NEW TLC MY FEET ARE KILLING ME

@Eager2Learn wrote:

LOL @just bee 

Actually, my feet are killing me.

We got a foster dog about 5 weeks ago, and I've gone from no walks to walking her daily, sometimes twice (about 3/4 of a mile average).

I've developed calluouses, lumps, redness, and burning pain in several areas of my feet (no blisters). I don't know if I need new shoes or a podiatrist. Smiley Sad

@Eager2Learn 

That's wonderful! Heart

Not that you are in terrible pain, but that you have a foster dog and you're walking together. Heart Heart

I think you need to evaluate your shoes.  What are you wearing?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Eager2Learn wrote:

LOL @just bee 

We got a foster dog about 5 weeks ago, and I've gone from no walks to walking her daily, sometimes twice (about 3/4 of a mile average).

I've developed calluouses, lumps, redness, and burning pain in several areas of my feet (no blisters). I don't know if I need new shoes or a podiatrist. Smiley Sad

@Eager2Learn 

That's wonderful! Heart

Not that you are in terrible pain, but that you have a foster dog and you're walking together. Heart Heart

Thanks! We're actually talking about adopting this dog.

The shoes I've been wearing are non-slip lace ups from SAS (San Antonio Shoemakers). They were purchased in 2006 for work. I'm wondering if I need something wider and more flexible for walking.

Honored Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Eager2Learn wrote:

LOL @just bee 

@Eager2Learn 

That's wonderful! Heart

The shoes I've been wearing are non-slip lace ups from SAS (San Antonio Shoemakers). They were purchased in 2006 for work. I'm wondering if I need something wider and more flexible for walking.

SAS are quality made shoes. I wonder if the leather dried out a bit. Maybe you could soften the leather on the shoes up a bit. Or wear another pair of walking shoes just to see if your feet are more comfortable.

I suspect the dog will also increase the length of their walks. So please make sure that your feet are happy too.

Valued Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@Eager2Learn wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Eager2Learn wrote:

LOL @just bee 

@Eager2Learn 

That's wonderful! Heart

SAS are quality made shoes. I wonder if the leather dried out a bit. Maybe you could soften the leather on the shoes up a bit. Or wear another pair of walking shoes just to see if your feet are more comfortable.

I suspect the dog will also increase the length of their walks. So please make sure that your feet are happy too.

Yes! I have a pair SAS lace up Moc style shoes in my closet. The leather is much more pliable. I will start wearing those today. Thank you @drizzellla .

Honored Contributor

@Eager2Learn 

I would agree with you needing new shoes for dog walking.   An average persons quality shoes aren’t meant to last 16+ years.

My feet changed a lot after my first knee replacement, requiring me to get rid of every pair of shoes I owned.   Since I’m retired, I have reduced the number of shoes I own to 12 pair, and never keep them longer than 2 years, regardless of how nice they look.   

Valued Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@Eager2Learn 

I would agree with you needing new shoes for dog walking.   An average persons quality shoes aren’t meant to last 16+ years.

My feet changed a lot after my first knee replacement, requiring me to get rid of every pair of shoes I owned.   Since I’m retired, I have reduced the number of shoes I own to 12 pair, and never keep them longer than 2 years, regardless of how nice they look.   

While I was in my closet pulling down the Mocs to try, I was thinking about taking down all my shoes, trying them on, and if they hurt, out they go. I did that about a couple years ago, but things change. I'm also thinking about getting re-sized for a new pair.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care how ugly or how gross it gets I'll watch it just to see more of Dr. Brad Schaeffer. He's what the word 'hunk' exemplifies.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

We watched this show and I was thrilled for the lady who received the stem cell injections in the bottom of her feet and the healing was magnificent. 

Honored Contributor

@Eager2Learn   You probably a;ready know this, but there are shoes made specifically for people who walk a lot. 

Honored Contributor

Anyone watch any more episodes?