Honored Contributor

Re: NEW TLC MY FEET ARE KILLING ME

@mousiegirl   I watched it as well, and had to turn away....and I watch a lot of the ID channel and Dr. Pimple Popper, but some of that medical stuff, makes my stomach turn.  DH refuses to watch.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Last year there was a similar show called Toe Bro.  It was disgusting and I developed pananoia about getting ingrown toenails, which are gruesome to watch the removal of.  I had to stop watching the show it was horrendous.

@Grouchomarx  I knew they had another show about feet though I can't recall watching it. I had an ingrown toenail about 20 years ago. There really wasn't much to the medical treatment. I still have the nail. Maybe things have changed or this person had a severe problem.

The ingrown cases on Toe Bro were quite severe.  He either cuts the sides of the nail off which is a bloody mess or sometimes he removes the whole thing, just RIPPING it off. It was quite squishy and gruesome!  It is not a delicate procedure.  Just remembering it is making me nauseous. 

Esteemed Contributor

Having watched Dr. Pimple Popper, I can handle this foot fiasco. I, too, cannot understand how people can wait so long to deal with horrific problems. Apparently, it's not terribly rare for frightened idiots to seek medical help after dealing with monstrous growths for years. God bless these doctors for dealing with these nauseating cases.

Honored Contributor

I think it's wonderful to see how these people's lives are made so much better.

Often on Dr. Pimple Popper (I don't know about the feet thing) these people have been to other Drs and they often won't do anything because it's considered "COSMETIC".

That's true they are cosmetic but they do affect people's lives.

How would anyone enjoy walking around with something on their face or back or arm or leg and told ('just live with it).

I like how much better these people feel about themselves.

If they were all rich they'd have gone to a Dr and paid for it themselves (i.e. plastic surgery).

My guess is some (if not most) of these are paid for by the show if they don't have insurance.  Whatever reason, I think it's nice that shows like this is on TV.

The guy that was on Dr. Pimple Popper was only there because the Dr got into his Uber car and saw the unbelievable bumps, etc on his nose and something that she knew immediately was cancer right under his eye.

He was 'just living with it' and she had him to come to her office and fix his nose (remove the huge bumps) and took a sample of what she knew was cancer.  They will follow up with him when she gets the results back.

That's what these shows do for people.

That's the beauty of TV.  People are offered hope...hope that there's help out there for people who are told 'just live with it'.

That's why I enjoy watching these shows.  I love it when regular people are given hope of any kind.

I'll bet people who've given up see a show like this and they are offered hope.

I think those of us who watch these shows will tell you how important the hope and help they are given transforms their lives and the lives of people they love.

Honored Contributor

When I was a child, I had an ingrown nail on a big toe.  My Mother picked at it with a nail file, etc., until she caused an infection.  I then had to have surgery in a hospital.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I enjoy watching these types of shows.  I am not one bit squeamish.  Medical procedures  hold my interest.

The poor man with the really bad case of toenail  fungus is a hemophiliac.  He had a nasty brain bleed that rendered him disabled and unable to always think clearly.When his mother passed, he went into a deep depression and didn't take care of himself, hence the really bad feet.

Another lady had surgery on her foot to remove a plantar wart and it never healed.  She has received five surgeries over the years to help her, but none were successful.  Finally, she found a doctor who could and did help her.

The lady with six toes was born that way.  She didn't ask for it.  Many people have this condition, especially the Amish.  it was interesting to see how this was corrected.

These types of shows help the person seeking help and also help others with the same conditions who feel they re alone and embarrassed about their issues.  These shows make us realize we are all human and if we do not have such issues, we are lucky, indeed.

I Prefer these types of shows to the Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars any day. At least they are educational.

@Carmie 

Squeamish...me neither.

I can usually watch most anything...but lately the lipomas kinda get me.

I've learned SO much by watching Dr. Lee's videos on YouTube, though.

My latest "weird part of YouTube" fascination is ER procedures.

Hemotomas....everyone always says its looks like 'grape jelly!'

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@mousiegirl   I watched it (sorta). I do like to hear why they wait so long to see a doctor.  It must be hard to be so afraid of doctors.  Shows like this and Dr. Pimple Popper fascinate me for some reason, yeah I close my eyes sometimes, but you can learn so much.

I think people just do not know when to see a doctor..... many times I do not go see a doctor right away and wait to see if things just get better....and most times the issue just goes away....

these people may just wait too long and then they are embarrassed by the problem.  It is not always being afraid of doctors or having no way to pay.  Most of the time it is just human nature to deal with an issue yourself and not see a doctor. 

@SeaMaiden   I wait also, but if my feet even began to look different, such as we saw last night, I would go to a doctor, realizing I couldn't fix this issue.  I have cured many an issue myself, but I would think the pain alone would send someone for help.  Anway, it is fascinating, though gross, lol.

Regarding the poor woman who went through so much, obviously with doctors who didn't know what to do about the wound on the bottom of her foot, so it seems, I was so glad that it was resolved, it looked so painful.

@mousiegirl   OMG! Yes!  That ulcer on her foot looked so painful!  I just can not imagine what that must have been like. 🙁

Respected Contributor

I watched both of these shows last night and it gave me another layer of appreciation for being a relative healthy person!  I have thyroid issues and some arthritis but otherwise I seem to be able to "walk" and can put my best face forward, Thanks GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I admit to watching these programs.  Why?  People fascinate me.  I don't see people who are morbidly obese or have a medical condition as disgusting.  These are human beings who need help.

Honored Contributor

I would think things wrong with feet like some of what was shown on the advertisements would be covered by insurance.

Drs are expensive, especially if you don't have insurance.  I've heard of Drs who would take payments like monthly payments.

I don't sit in judgments on other people. But I don't see how anyone can walk on the feet I saw advertised.  I can't imagine how terrible it makes a person hurt.

It's so sad to think people are in so much pain.  That is what makes my heart go out to them.