Honored Contributor

Re: NEW TLC MY FEET ARE KILLING ME

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Last year there was a similar show called Toe Bro.  It was disgusting and I developed pananoia about getting ingrown toenails, which are gruesome to watch the removal of.  I had to stop watching the show it was horrendous.

@Grouchomarx  I knew they had another show about feet though I can't recall watching it. I had an ingrown toenail about 20 years ago. There really wasn't much to the medical treatment. I still have the nail. Maybe things have changed or this person had a severe problem.

The ingrown cases on Toe Bro were quite severe.  He either cuts the sides of the nail off which is a bloody mess or sometimes he removes the whole thing, just RIPPING it off. It was quite squishy and gruesome!  It is not a delicate procedure.  Just remembering it is making me nauseous. 

@Grouchomarx  This person must have had a severe issues. It's a minor medical procedure. Don't let these shows scare you lol. They condition is worse than the treatment. Ingrown toenails are extremely painful.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I watched this last night, sometimes had to turn away.  It is amazing to me how anyone could let their feet get into the condition shown, and unbelievable that they could walk on such feet.

I was going to watch, however after seeing some of the feet I couldn't.  I can't watch action movies due to blood and everything else.  I stick to old movies where I don't have to worry about what will be shown.  Having said this I feel so bad for the people.  I had  no idea that people suffered so with their feet.  I do manage to watch Dr. Pimple popper.  It is amazing how many people she helps.  She is very blessed with her skills.  Some of her patients are heart breaking.  They are so much better after they see her. 

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Having watched Dr. Pimple Popper, I can handle this foot fiasco. I, too, cannot understand how people can wait so long to deal with horrific problems. Apparently, it's not terribly rare for frightened idiots to seek medical help after dealing with monstrous growths for years. God bless these doctors for dealing with these nauseating cases.

I know some of the patients on Dr Pimple Popper have gone to doctors and are told there is nothing that can be done. As another poster said, some people cannot afford insurance.  Maybe getting on these shows is their last hope.  I am sure they do not have to pay.   I have empathy for these people.  We do not know their story 

Respected Contributor

A lot of these conditions are simply not covered by insurance (generally classed as cosmetic which is ridiculous!!!). Add that to the fear of doctors and cancer then you get cases like this. 

Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

A lot of these conditions are simply not covered by insurance (generally classed as cosmetic which is ridiculous!!!). Add that to the fear of doctors and cancer then you get cases like this. 

@straykatz   Sometimes people wait too long until their condition becomes cancer, saw a case on The Doctors, online, a girl with an enormous tumor on her face, waited too long, can't imagine this, and now she is fighting for her life.

Respected Contributor

@sophiamarie 

I've also wondered about doing surgery in her regular exam rooms, not a sterile O R. Seems there are lots of germs lurking in there. 

Honored Contributor

Where will this sort of programming "hit bottom?"  With hemorrhoid surgery?

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I can't watch shows like that.  I won't even watch the commercials for Dr. Pimple Popper.

@Travone   I feel the same way...too disgusting to watch!

Trusted Contributor

@golding76  I just read your post and laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. Good one!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband became a paraplegic when he was 58 yrs old due to an autoimune disorder (TM).  He had no feeling in his feet, and although he tried to move his feet often on the wheelchair footrest, it would develope ulcers.  We went to very good doctors, but sometimes there is a limit of cure or care they can do.  He developed a MRSA infection in one ulcer, the doctor kept removing the dying tissue, I would apply the wound cream.  At one point I wasn't looking anyymore, only apply the ceram to a hard spot on the bottom of the foot (found out later it was down to the bone).  Needless to say, nothing worked (not even the best doctor in our area) and he had to have his foot/leg amputated above the knee to stop the MRSA.  

So even though many of these people have seen doctors, sometimes, nothing can be done.

I have read that some of the shows (Dr Pimple Popper0 will treat for less or free is you are on the show.