Trusted Contributor

Re: NEW Season2 THE ORVILLE 12/30

Thanks for the info from everyone - I also love this show!  I think Seth McFarland is a genius - and not bad on the eyes at all, too.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

"A Happy Refrain" - Episode 6, 1/31

I really enjoyed this one! I thought it was one of the best episodes so far in the series. I loved that we got a look at some of the actors' real faces, the faces behind the characters revealed...ingenious way to show who they are. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  Finally watched the playback and I loved this one too.  I had to look up the actor that plays Isaac to see if it was really him.  I would not have thought that face for under that costume.  He looks very young.  

Total ripoff of Data and Tasha from STNG but I liked it.  Norm McDonald was hilarious.  The blob just kills me every time.

I like the music too.  Obviously Seth is an 80s man and I like it! Get in some dancing while watching my show.  

Honored Contributor

I think this show is fixated on the Moclans....need to diversify to include the other members aboard the ship. I'd like to see more about where the others came from and how they got to come aboard. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  I hear you on that but they have such a different society that they can be used to get certain points across.  I think It would have been a much happier ending if the engineer was never found out. but I was sort of hoping that Bortus mate HAD, in fact, killed him. Not that I wanted the engineer to die but it would have put Ed in a predicament.  To US he would be a murderer, but to the Moclans Bortus mate would be something of a hero.  But with the Orville being in Moclan territory I guess that Ed would have to abide by Moclan law.  So there would be no charges brought as a service was done in the eyes of Moclan society.   I believe that was what the engineer was going for.  Saving face for his family and not getting anyone hurt.  All depends on whose side you're on if all the Orvilles hard work and success in solving the mystery provided the desired result.

Still enjoying this series.

Honored Contributor

I was so hoping they would get together for a while. Much better episode than the TNG one back in the day on the same topic.

I too am ready for another storyline. In fact, I'm ready for Isaac and the doctor and the blob to start a love triangle. Or the pilots have been neglected for too long too.
Honored Contributor

Awaiting a good story with other characters like Gordy or the blob. A sermon is not needed with every episode and that's what Seth is pushing at the audience in season two. I'd like to laugh out loud for a change.

Honored Contributor

I did not enjoy the episode that preceded them (Moclans again) --

-- but I loved Identity parts 1 and 2

I see no one posted about it.  I was on the edge of my seat through a lot of it.  I loved everything about it, the stakes seemed real, the Kaylons were credible and Kaylon Primary was truly scary, both hours were suspenseful.  And the usual magnificent special effects.  The space battle was incredible. 

That's all I'll say because I don't want to give anything away if someone hasn't seen them yet.

Honored Contributor

One more thing:  Great use of the blob.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stopped watching after two episodes of season 2.  Too many stories about the personal lives of the crew members and not enough story of the travels through space.  I really don't want the agendas pushed at me and really stupid story lines of the guy having to go back to a planet to urinate. Who is writing these scripts?   I just want shows that entertain without all the agendas.  I was so disappointed as I really love a good Sci Fi show.