Respected Contributor

NEW SHOW ON FOOD NETWORK - UNDERCOVER CHEF - 7/2/20 10 PM

I'm going to see if I like it and DVR it.  Getting tired of the same old shows on FN.  It's worth a shot.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/undercover-chef

Honored Contributor

Re: NEW SHOW ON FOOD NETWORK - UNDERCOVER CHEF - 7/2/20 10 PM

I think the premier or one of the first shows features a place in Ardsley NY, we used to go with their previous ownership 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I will set my DVR for this as it sounds interesting. There was another show on Food Network a few years back and can't recall the name right now. Did the same thing with hidden cameras. I loved the show. Amazing what some of the workers did and how they treated coworkers and patrons alike.  I'm sure some of it was scripted but liked when they got busted

cookin

Honored Contributor

I suspect the show will discover that the problem behind much restaurant dysfunction is management-worker control issues.   

Valued Contributor

I googled the other show and it was called Mystery Diners and the host was Charles Stiles.

cookin

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

I googled the other show and it was called Mystery Diners and the host was Charles Stiles.

cookin

@cookinfreak 

I remember that one and watched a lot of them before they started repeating them over and over.

Esteemed Contributor

There was also a show called Restaurant Stakeout (I think) that did undercover work to find the problems in restaurants. 

Honored Contributor

Sounds kind of like a Ramsay show but it probably varies a lot.  I'll check it out.  I've watched the G Ramsay ones that are kind of like this and enjoyed them for the most part.

Thanks for the heads up!  Smiley Happy