Trusted Contributor

I also like it. I like all the different story lines. The main character, where have I see him before?

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

I also like it. I like all the different story lines. The main character, where have I see him before?

Ryan Eggold was on Blacklist before.

Honored Contributor

I suppose it doesn't hurt to have two... but there was already a thread about this show...

https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/New-Amsterdam/m-p/4950212#M295738

Incidentally, it didn't rock my world. Overall, I thought it was contrived but not dreadful...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I watched it and will keep recoding it for a few more weeks.

As someone else said, this type of show I watch in the mornings or weekend afternoons.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I really liked it. I think it’s going to be quite interesting. I like the fast pace it has and I’m curious to see how it develops.

Trusted Contributor

@katte wrote:

Did anyone watch Amsterdam last night?  I thought it was good and I will continue to watch.

Too far fetched and a recycled ER or Chicago Med or any one of those other hospital shows.  I wanted to like it, but it's too unrealistic even for a tv drama.  He's going to run out of steam trying to do all those jobs and managing all the different parts of the hospital.  These shows are too formulaic and predictable these days.  We've got the savior, the bad guy, the bumbling but genius doctor and so on and so on.  I'd like to see a show that's a bit more original.

Respected Contributor

I really like the show but the part about the lead character having cancer and not doing anything about it, is not realistic.  Where are they going with that storyline.  

Valued Contributor

Honored Contributor

It's holding my interest, so I'm still in.

I do not guage shows by how realistic they are, because since tv was born, shows were not realistic.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

After episode 2 I'm not so sure I'm going to stick with it.  I have it set to DVR the series but it may end up getting erased.