Respected Contributor

NEW SEASON OF TRADING SPACES. WHILE YOU WERE OUT IS BACK

I think I'm burned out on TS from years and years of watching it since I DVR'ed it and fast forwarded through the end of it.  I liked the theme of the 50s and 70s.   The 70s room was fantastic.  As for the 50s, I didn't see much 50s. 

As for While You Were Out, this is the 4th season and the original was on from 2002-2006.  Sort of remember watching it but I guess I wasn't a regular.  I also FF through that show also which means that I won't be watching future episodes.  They had 2 teams -- one from a HGTV show and two designers from TS. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: NEW SEASON OF TRADING SPACES. WHILE YOU WERE OUT IS BACK

@SWEET   I must be feeling the same way. The last season I recorded and watched all the TS. I saw that it was returning and missed setting up the DVR and realized it was on Saturday but really didn’t care that I missed it. 

Respected Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@SWEET   I must be feeling the same way. The last season I recorded and watched all the TS. I saw that it was returning and missed setting up the DVR and realized it was on Saturday but really didn’t care that I missed it. 

@Teddie, I wasn't going to DVR it but decided to anyway and what did I do?  FF through to the end.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Just by watching the previews, I decided I wouldn't bother watching Trading Spaces. It seemed to be trying too hard to be "entertaining".

Respected Contributor

I passed on both of them.   After watching the fore runner of TS,  Trading Places, in England when we lived there, I didn't need to see our version of it.  That one was bad enough.

Trusted Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@Teddie, I wasn't going to DVR it but decided to anyway and what did I do?  FF through to the end.  LOL

@SWEET   That says a lot! Ha!

Respected Contributor

@Teddie, It sure does!  LOL.

Super Contributor

I loved the earlier version of Trading Spaces. Not so much this new one. When it first started it was all about redecorating on a budget. I know the cost of everything has gone up but since they upped the ante to $2000 that is beyond a lot of peoples reach. And the old version concentrated on making room changes and this one seems to be more on the entertaining side. Too many people thrown in the mix for my liking.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched both and still enjoy Trading Spaces. 

I didn't care for While you Were Out.  It wasl "almost" a copy cat of TS.  I enjoyed Mina and Karen but that was it.  Oh year,  I also loved the homeowner nixing the ****** that Hildi was going to do to the smaller side room.  I couldn't believe Hildi didn't put up more of a fight.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I watched it On Demand after seeing it mentioned here.  I enjoyed it.  Loved the midcentury modern room.