Respected Contributor

Re: NEW FILM "RICHARD JEWELL" DIRECTED BY CLINT EASTWOOD

i, like Eastwood, would like Jewell to get his due and am glad this was made. this movie  was a mission for Eastwood, not destined for boxoffice mojo.  i'm sure it was released now to get into awards' contention as many smaller movies are.

Jewell was a hero turned into a villain by law enforcement and media missteps, distortions.  a cautionary tale.  many alive now don't even know the story.

performances and script are excellent.  Kathy Bates has already been nominated.

Respected Contributor

who of the commenters has actually seen it?

Contributor

we saw it on Sunday and it's very good, very well done and pretty heartbreaking. scary to think this could happen to anyone, to be accused of something they did not do by the government. Clint did a great job and the actors are wonderful. I do love Kathy Bates in anything. 

Respected Contributor

I have no interest in seeing this and contributing to CE career and coffers.

I've never liked him as an actor nor human being.  

Honored Contributor

I saw the movie and I thought it was well done. The person who really impressed me was Sam Rockwell. 

Trusted Contributor

I just got home from seeing this and it was very well done. You could hear the comments from the audience when Richard was being interrogated. It's kind of hard to hate Jon Hamm because he is Jon Hamm, but I sure managed in this film. Sam Rockwell was wonderful and Kathy Bates, who is always great, looked better than she has in years. The actor who played Richard was amazing, too. Often with Clint Eastwood films, the pace is pretty slow and plodding, but I didn't feel that too much in this.

And I remember the story very well, except that I had forgotten that he had died. I will not make any of the obvious comments that could be made so that this doesn't end up being a political post, so, let's just say that I shook my head a lot and thought that not much has changed since 1996.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ  - @firebird -  @Oznell 

Thank you for you input! I want to see this film very much. I agree 100% in what firebird had posted.

I am drawing a complete blank when this happened, may 'be' due to a close beloved family death exactly close to dated information, or I when in Thailand for exported business, and many days in China studying different medical procedures. 

I have read no story, only some brief stats posted for anyone to follow, and my husband was with me during that time.

He would &&&&& does follow news more than I, and vaguely remembers some.

I was `so` much younger, not as involved (due to that recent family death), or as me, at that >*age ---news to myself was at 10%.

I am watching news almost 90%, now. Surprised? Never! It is happening, can happen and will, again. 

Lies, corruption, false accusations...

I have my fill of today,

so IF -......"if" Clint Eastwood is involved heavily directing, YES, I would know it's as factual as the time it happened.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It’s outstanding and crucially important. It exposes the truth. See it  before it disappears from the theaters!

Esteemed Contributor

I plan on seeing this movie as soon as it hits Redbox.  I am really looking forward to seeing "1917" which is to be widely released shortly.  This is supposed to be best war movie since " Saving Private Ryan"(big boots to fill).

Respected Contributor

Fantastic movie!!! A must see.....

-Do Not Copy Pls-