Esteemed Contributor

NEW DNA TESTING ON THE JONBENET MURDER PLANNED

New DNA testing is planned in the unsolved murder of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey, whose death 20 years ago captivated the nation.
The news was first reported by NBC affiliate KUSA in Denver, Colorado, and by the Boulder Daily Camera. The two news outlets did a joint investigation in October which pointed to a variety of potential flaws in the interpretation of the DNA evidence in the case.

Honored Contributor

Re: NEW DNA TESTING ON THE JONBENET MURDER PLANNED

This is great @BalletBabe!   And I'm thinking it's due to the results of the testing in the CBS docu-series which tested similar items. 

People complain there are so many specials but if just the one on CBS helps bring clarity if not closure to the case -- if this results in definitely disproving the basis of DA Mary Lacey's lies clearing the family (who were in her social circle) --  it will have been worth sitting through every other one!

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori  Oh I agree.  There is a whole article on it on AOL.  I only posted the first paragraph.   I would love for this to be solved. 

Honored Contributor

Spoiler
There is nothing new in the JBR case.   Period.
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@LoriLori  Oh I agree.  There is a whole article on it on AOL.  I only posted the first paragraph.   I would love for this to be solved. 

@BalletBabe, IMO this case will never be solved any more than it has been.  John Ramsey is never going to talk.  Burke Ramsey will never talk.  If the rest of the grand jury indictmens are released we will learn more.  But one of the fascinations is we will never know for sure who did what except Patsy wrote the note.

What the DNA testing will do is show the world that Mary Lacey used totally bogus test results to "clear" the Ramseys.  Using the same scientific methods employed in the CBS docu-series (and no doubt inspired by that), it will discredit Mary Lacey's fake science.

It will tell the world she was lying and she knew it when she publcly cleared the Ramseys.  But that won't solve the case. 

Respected Contributor

Which DNA are they going to test?  The two DNA specimans on Jon Benet's pants--one inside the waist band and one outside the waist band belonging to a male not either of the Ramseys?

Honored Contributor

@fortune, since this is scientific and specific I'm posting the link.  There's an article under the video:

http://www.9news.com/news/investigations/jonbenet-ramsey/new-dna-testing-in-jonbenet-ramsey-case-dis...

Honored Contributor

@fortune, another reason I posted the link is because the deniers will descend on this info like they do on everything and there is just no getting around this one without outright lying about it!

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@fortune, since this is scientific and specific I'm posting the link.  There's an article under the video:

http://www.9news.com/news/investigations/jonbenet-ramsey/new-dna-testing-in-jonbenet-ramsey-case-dis...

@LoriLori

Thanks!!!  Very interesting!  I hope they perform these new tests sooner rather than later!!!