Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEW CHANTIX COMMERCIAL ?

@Deb665 wrote:

@SilleeMee  Me too!  It was a miracle!  

I love the Turkey commercials.  The advertising agency that came up with these should win an award!

-----------------

I agree!!   A cute turkey that demonstrates the positives of not smoking.  I love that the message is not preachy or prissy.   That little turkey behaves so realistically....love that he uses his clicker to lock his car....

Honored Contributor

I can tell everyone right now...a cute, soft cartoon is not going to work.

If someone like Terrie’s ‘happening-in-real-time’ type of commercial

doesn’t shock one into quitting....nothing will.

B69A8746-A8D9-4D9E-B31F-D8D1BA3EDB93.jpeg

It’s like someone getting a triple-bypass-open-heart-type of surgery

and eating a thick steak w/ butter as one of their recovery meals

while in the hospital.  Or a patient wanting to smoke a cigarette 

while in the hospital recovery for smoking issues.  They don’t see 

anything wrong with what they’re doing. And making excuses like

the only acceptable way I’ll quit is...if I see a cartoon in a sweater

is ridiculous. 

I’ve written many times on this forum about Chantix.

My Dallas radio station host..his best friend took this

dangerous drug to quit & it caused him to hallucinate enough

someone killed him...and it was from that tradegy, the drug

companies made it ‘safer’...but I have my doubts.  

Respected Contributor

I noticed too that they've started to replay this commercial.  It has been run before a couple months back.  I just luv his down vest and little hat, his binoculars and walking stick.  Another poster mentioned his hiking boots (I hadn't even seen those!) - SO DARN CUTE.

I look forward to any new commercials w/this turkey.  Other than the Budweiser Clydesdales and the oh so cool Energizer Bunny, Chantix has a winner with this Turkey!!  What a cute little mascot he is and so well accessorized.  I'm jealous.  Cat Tongue

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the Chantix turkey.  Oh, the mind that brought that to life...LOL   It's so cute and every commercial draws you in and makes the point.  I haven't seen the Fall one yet but I enjoy the Summer one where he's at his beach house.  I smile when he reaches out the door to clap his sandals together to get all that sand out of them.  How  thousands of times have  I done that.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The message is...

You don't have to quit cold turkey and that there is the option to do it 'slow turkey' with Chantix as seen in their first commercial with the same name. The turkey is a symbol they use to designate the meaning of quitting cold turkey and that's all it is. Not cartoon but a message.

The former spokesperson, actor Ray Liotta, claimed he quit with using Chantix. But it was discovered later that he had quit long before Chantix was ever approved. Turkey takeover.

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I noticed too that they've started to replay this commercial.  It has been run before a couple months back.  I just luv his down vest and little hat, his binoculars and walking stick.  Another poster mentioned his hiking boots (I hadn't even seen those!) - SO DARN CUTE.

I look forward to any new commercials w/this turkey.  Other than the Budweiser Clydesdales and the oh so cool Energizer Bunny, Chantix has a winner with this Turkey!!  What a cute little mascot he is and so well accessorized.  I'm jealous.  Cat Tongue

Just as long as the advertising company has the courtesy to pass over that November holiday to which no self respecting turkey wishes to be invited.........

Honored Contributor

The camping commercial was the first one I saw several months ago, probably during the winter.  I don't think I've seen the one with it putzing around the house or inner-tubing in the pool.  I have seen the one where it coming into the cold house and it does do some putzing there.  The latest for me is the paddle boarding one and it's not a Jeep.  I saw a vehicle outside my gym the other that looked pretty much exactly like it and it was a Ford.  

Different strokes for different folks as far as quitting.  If the Teri commercials scare you into quitting fine.  But, that commercial really isn't selling anything except quitting without providing any resources to do so.  In fact, in one of those commercials the lady tells pretty much tells you to do whatever it takes to quit wherein the lady sitting next to her with a hole in her esophogus tells you before you have to use a machine to talk.  So, I think they would approve of whatever method you choose to do so even if it takes a cutesy commercial to do it.  I quit cold turkey many years ago, but I didn't set out to quit.  I just kept putting off that first cigarette of the day, and I kept a pack in my glove compartment for years even though I knew how awful they would taste if I did decide to smoke one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

The Chantix Turkey has the same vibes as the

Camel Cigarette Hip Camel.  Wondering if Chantix is 

marketing to a younger demographic?  It just seems very

child-like to have a cartoon (cold) turkey as the face of

something as serious as smoking.  

I saw those commercials...just seems weird. 

What's 'weird' about them???   I don't see anything at all 'weird' about the commercial.  I love all of them or the ones I've seen.  I used Chantix to quit smoking, after having the habit for over 50 years.  I would go into a panic just thinking about quitting.  I really enjoyed smoking.    Using Chantix I did quit 2 years ago.   I had no side effects from Chantix.  I did have nicotine withdrawal symptoms after I quit smoking.   Those symptoms lasted only a short period of time (it was insomnia and crying over anything)...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

The message is...

You don't have to quit cold turkey and that there is the option to do it 'slow turkey' with Chantix as seen in their first commercial with the same name. The turkey is a symbol they use to designate the meaning of quitting cold turkey and that's all it is. Not cartoon but a message.

-----------------   

Exactly...the cartoon is that a very realistic turkey quit smoking. The message is that a person can quit with the help of help of Chantix.

I smoked for several years..last years of high school and all of college.  But then my mom -  never smoked in her life - found out she had cancer.  That very same day I quit!!  It was hard at first...no Chantix in those days.  But one thing that helped, for several months, I stayed away from any friends that smoked. And everyone smoked in those days...

Respected Contributor

I personally don't even care what the commercial is for, I just adore this turkey.  I will stop what I'm working on to watch his little excursions to the beach, to the forest, to his peaceful home making lemonade and adjusting the seashell above his fish tank.  So clever and lifelike to make him appear human even though we know he's just a turkey bird.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing