Honored Contributor

Re: NEW CHANTIX COMMERCIAL ?

[ Edited ]

I don't think that turkey has a gender...?? To me it can be either. Anyone know for sure?

Seems everyone refers to it as a him or a he. But I think it could be a she as well. 

This is why I'm wondering @violann  A pink inner tube. That's a girl-thing.

duck-mobile-min.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't think that turkey has a gender...?? To me it can be either. Anyone know for sure?

Seems everyone refers to it as a him or a he. But I think it could be a she as well.

Could romance be on the horizon?

Women are JUST as adversely impacted by smoking as men, after all! 

Honored Contributor

my heart belongs to the Geico Gecko

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw the fall commercial last night ~ LOVE this turkey.  His clothes, accessories, home, and antics just make me smile : )

Someone mentioned that the ad people that came up with him should win an award ~ TOTALLY AGREE!  So clever ~

I, too, would love to see him have a lady friend, like Emu Heart

Looking forward to his adventure in the snow, possibly sledding, snowball fight, building a "snow turkey" (without the pipe)!!!

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't know about that commercial, but the drug helped me quit for good!Smiley Happy

ETA - I just looked at that 'Camping Turkey' and it's dated 2019, so it's not from last year.

I know a couple that used Chantix to quit smoking.  The husband had great success.  His wife started to have suicidal thoughts.  Her doctor made her stop taking it.

Honored Contributor

@Deb665 wrote:

@SilleeMee  Me too!  It was a miracle!  

I love the Turkey commercials.  The advertising agency that came up with these should win an award!

Was going to post the same

Very clever, not insulting & accurate information

Respected Contributor

I think the turkey is adorable, and I'm very happy for those who have been able to quit smoking because of Chantix.  There are bad side effects for some people, however.  I have a good friend (lifelong smoker) who has tried to quit many times.  She used this drug and had terrible halucinations!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not that I'm obsessed with the Chantix turkey or anything Woman Tongue.... the first ad that I saw involved the turkey putzing around the house and doing outdoor yard work.

Then I saw the ad that involved the turkey camping and doing outdoorsy stuff which I thought was odd considering I saw it in the summer.

Then I saw the ad that involved the turkey coming home to a cold house because of the A/C.  Turkey made some lemonade and I believe sat down to read a book or magazine.

The most recent ad that I've seen is the turkey at the beach going paddle boarding and driving home in a jeep.  I love that one because turkey puts it's left wing outside the car as it's driving.  I've done that when I drive.

I love that turkey, even if it's CGI.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

The Chantix Turkey has the same vibes as the

Camel Cigarette Hip Camel.  Wondering if Chantix is 

marketing to a younger demographic?  It just seems very

child-like to have a cartoon (cold) turkey as the face of

something as serious as smoking.  

I saw those commercials...just seems weird. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

The Chantix Turkey has the same vibes as the

Camel Cigarette Hip Camel.  Wondering if Chantix is 

marketing to a younger demographic?  It just seems very

child-like to have a cartoon (cold) turkey as the face of

something as serious as smoking.  

I saw those commercials...just seems weird. 

@sidsmom 

Interesting perspective.    Smokers don't want to be lectured to; they KNOW they should quit and it's a deadly habit.  So the company went with the soft-sell approach and no lecturing with a commercial that catches and holds our interest.  It makes quitting seem very possible, which is good new to many families.

I've read many posters comments that they hate drug commercials .... this is, by far, the best I've ever seen.