Honored Contributor

NEW AVATAR MOVIE COMING TO THEATERS

Just saw a blurb online that the new Avatar movie will be in theaters on December 16th.   Didn't say much else.

I haven't seen the original yet, so I am not excited about the next installment.

Have you seen the original movie?

Honored Contributor

Re: NEW AVATAR MOVIE COMING TO THEATERS

@Tinkrbl44 I watched it at my sister's house with her and BIL. I almost died of boredom. I left before it was over!

Honored Contributor

I also found the original version boring.  I can't tell you if I saw this at a movies theater, bootlegged or on TV. Bored!.gif

Here is sequal 1 preview....

Avatar: The Way of Water | Official Trailer

"Set more than a decade after the events of the first film, Avatar: The Way of Water begins to tell the story of the Sully family, the trouble that follows them, the lengths they go to keep each other safe, the battles they fight to stay alive, and the tragedies they endure."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I saw it in the theaters and don't remember it. I just remember blue people. We bought the dvd but never watched it. It took way to long for a sequel for me to care anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the original movie, but couldn’t tell you one thing about it. However, I’m sure I will go see the sequel because I’m all about big budget “event” movies. (Already have my Jurassic World ticket. And, my Top Gun ticket.)
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego   I had no clue about another Top Gun movie w/Tom Cruise until I saw the commercial early this a.m.  I saw the first one.  I only liked the "jet flying" scenes w/TC.  I still remember them.  Will watch this remake or whatever it is.

One of my relatives was a "Top Gun.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

The original Avatar film was a 3-D work of art. The visuals were amazing and beautiful. I really enjoyed that movie. 

Esteemed Contributor

I never saw the movie. 

BUT I did wait in line for over 2 hours to go on the Avatar ride in Walt Disney World. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  ITA!!!   It's my DH absolute favorite film.  I actually got him an autographed picture of Sigourney Weaver as her Avatar one year for Christmas!   I believe it was one of the highest grossing films.   We're looking forward to the next one.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Just saw a blurb online that the new Avatar movie will be in theaters on December 16th.   Didn't say much else.

I haven't seen the original yet, so I am not excited about the next installment.

Have you seen the original movie?

@Tinkrbl44   DD and friends saw it when it irst came out, but I didn't until I ran across it on tv last year, and loved it so had to buy the dvd.