Honored Contributor

Re: NEW AMSTERDAM BACK TUES 3/2

@Shelbelle wrote:

I dont say this too often, but I dont like Dr Shin, maybe it was the way he chastized Dr Reynolds last week, I dont like him with Helen either. I too am hoping we see Dr Kapoor very soon, hope he is not ill in real life, love him !!!

Remember him as Bradley Cooper's

shrink in Silver Linings Playbook. 

Agree about Shin. I would have liked him to approach Dr. Reynolds after the surgery and at the very least explain his response.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@Tique Well................I am no fan of Helen. Don't know why, but I just don't want her with Max. I like the gal Max was hanging out with for a couple of episodes....he met her in the park, I think, when he still had Luna at the beginning. They had a few play dates for the kids. Haven't seen her around for a while.

So, what did I think about Max's reaction to seeing Helen kissing Shin? I think you hit the nail on the head....he is obviously lonely, but I didn't read into it that he is interested in Helen. I think (or thought) that Helen was interested in Max. Perhaps that is wishful thinking on my part, that he isn't interested in her.

I really don't see him with someone from the hospital; rather, an outsider who doesn't work there. Perhaps someone in the same building where he lives or someone who works at the eventual school he will send Luna to.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have mixed emotions about last night's show. I may feel better if Max continues to focus on trying to correct some things he suddenly realized needed to at least be acknowledged, not necessarily fixed. Hope this wasn't just another "issue of the week".

It will be interesting to see how Helen maneuvers this sudden change in her life. I tend to be suspicious of her actions as I was while watching her break things off with Dr. Shin. She said she couldn't have any distractions, that everything she had to give had to be for her niece. We'll see.

Those scenes with Iggy and his young patients always make me sad and uneasy.

We still haven't seen any one-on-one interaction between Drs. Reynold and Shin but Shin did request the staff give Reynolds some time during that first surgery when he didn't want to pronounce the young man. Turned out to be the right call.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   I chose to post my thoughts here on your thread about this week's show. I was hoping others would also. If not maybe the regulars will return next week.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

this past episode was definitely an emotional roller coaster. 

i was pretty upset when helen just dropped dr shin.......i really like them together......they have chemistry.

it will be interesting to see how she relates to her niece (why did i think that that girl was her younger sister?) no reason why she cannot be responsible for a teenager AND have a romantic life at this point.

i was definitely having issues trying to know which kid to believe when they were being questioned or confronted by iggy.

in response to something else i read on the forums regarding this show. i do not mind at all that they are introducing subject matter that is relevant today. i am not looking for this show to be an "escape." i am looking for this show to be relevant and as believable as possible. i already have a lot of other "escape" shows.

so far, loving this season.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I dont like Dr Shin, he seems like a gentleman with Helen, but I dont see much chemisty. her chemistry still is with Max.  But I didnt care for his interaction with Dr Reynolds, and it turned me off on him. I still want to see Dr Kapoor, I hope he is not ill in real life. Iggy and the kids again, seemed like a fill in story, just to kill time. 

Honored Contributor

Helen broke up with Dr Shin .... but I doubt it will last.  She needs a loving man in her life, especially if she is having family move in .... is this a niece or what?  I didn't catch how she's related to this young woman.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Helen broke up with Dr Shin .... but I doubt it will last.  She needs a loving man in her life, especially if she is having family move in .... is this a niece or what?  I didn't catch how she's related to this young woman.

@Tinkrbl44   Helen's half-brother died; they had the same father. The young lady is his daughter.

Honored Contributor

I finally just watched the current episode this morning.   When they wheeled the young man down the corridor with everybody lining the perimeters, I had to try hard not to cry.

One little thing that bugged me (I assume they have medical advisors, as do other medical type shows?) was the doctor operating on the LEFT femur of a patient and referencing the femural artery.  The femural artery is along the RIGHT femur.    I had to learn this the hard way many years ago.   It's probably just a nothing thing but it bothered me just a little bit.

I really like this show but I find that sometimes I get confused between this one and 'The Resident'.   It's not annoying, just rather amusing.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

At least they brought some closure to Dr. Kapoor's character. He wasn't one of my favorites so his leaving won't affect me one way or the other but I do recognize others didn't feel the same way. On another note I was sorry to read about his wife. I hope things turn out okay for the two of them.

Helen didn't surprise me. She handled the arrival of her niece pretty much the way I expected. Being a "friend" is going to interfere with her being able to handle a relationship. She's full of it.